CHOMP! Views

Friday, October 28, 2011

Chicago: Day 2 - Revolution Brewing

Later on Sunday, after some more sightseeing, we stopped by Revolution Brewing to get some snacks and watch the football game. My friends really recommended this place. They said they brewed their own beers and the food was good as well.

Revolution Brewing
2323 North Milwaukee Avenue
Chicago, IL 60647
(773) 227-2739
http://revbrew.com/
Price: $$

For some reason I had pictured a dingy hole-in-the-wall. But it was definitely not. haha. It was actually a pretty big place. It was clean and open and I liked some of the accents of their decor.

The guys ordered some beers and we looked over the menu. I was pretty full still so we just got a few things to munch on.

My friend had to order the Bacon Fat Popcorn (bacon, crispy sage and shaved parmesan) $4~
It was pretty good! I thought it was just going to be popcorn with bacon flavor but it actually had large pieces of bacon in there as well. The bacon flavor on the popcorn was subtle, but you can definitely taste it. Yum!

Crispy Calamari (brussel sprout leaves, almond, romesco sauce, parmesan, arugula) $9~
It was kind of a small plate but I liked the presentation with the greens. It added a nice contrasting color. The flavors were really good and I liked the addition of brussel sprouts, arugula and almonds. It was a different take on your normal calamari appetizer.

I chose the Pecan Tart with Zucchini Bread Ice Cream (warm pecan tart, zucchini bread ice cream, Eugene hot fudge) $7~
I don't normally like pecans but it was the ice cream that really captured my interest. Zucchini bread flavored ice cream...how cool! And it really did taste like zucchini bread! Who would've thought that a bar would have such interesting flavors! The pecan tart and hot fudge was good as well. The plate was just a bit small...

And the beers were good! I'm not a beer drinker so I'm taking the word of others. hehe. It's a cool, chill place. The waitress was fast and attentive. It's a good place to hang out with your friends. :)

Plus the Cowboys won! Woot! And later that night the Rangers!! Go Dallas!! :P

Quality of Food:

Service:

Ambiance:

Value:

Overall Experience:



~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment