CHOMP! Views

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Chicago: Day 1 - Yolk

I went to Chicago for the first time in my life this past weekend. There are sooo many places to eat and I have so little time! :(

We got in around lunch time on Saturday. First stop was a late lunch!

Yolk
747 N Wells
Chicago, IL 60654
(312) 787-2277
http://www.yolk-online.com/
Price: $$

I love that Chicago has so many brunchy type places and they all have cute names like Yolk, Toast, or Orange. haha. Yolk was cute. Bright yellow and blue everywhere. Bright and cheerful just like how brunch should be. :)

Their menu is pretty extensive. It was so hard deciding on a dish...

There were four of us. One friend got the Bowl of Gourmet Soup: Pumpkin Spice Soup (with bacon and apples) $3.99~ to start.
It sounded soo interesting when the waitress explained the soup. It was creamy and sweet, as expected, but the bacon brought the savory element into it. It wasn't too sweet so it didn't cross the line into a dessert soup or anything. It was pretty awesome.

Meat and Two Eggs (served with red diced potatoes and another side; choice of meat: sausage links) $7.79~
This was a nice portion. The side of toast isn't shown in the picture. I didn't get to try but the sausages looked pretty good!

One friend got the Nutella-Strawberry Crepe $3.49~ which is under the dessert section.
Not a bad price for the crepe. It was full of nutella, which I love! The crepe was nice and thin and had good texture. Just needed more strawberries though.

My bf and I ordered from their Seasonal Menu:
I got the Pumpkin Swirl French Toast (pumpkin and cream cheese swirled bread, sliced, dipped in special batter and grilled; Topped with sauteed cinnamon apples and whipped cream) $9.49~
I loveeee pumpkin AND french toast and the waitress said this was really good. OMG! It was awesome!! Thick slices of super moist pumpkin bread swirled with cream cheese, battered and made into french toast. DE-LISH!! And surprisingly not overly sweet or heavy. I had to try very hard to not stuff it all in my face. haha. It's only the first meal! I've got wayy more things to eat!

My bf got the Benedict Caprese (English muffin, fresh mozzarella, grilled tomatoes, and pesto topped with two poached eggs and homemade hollandaise sauce. Served with red diced potatoes and fruit) $9.99~
Holy crap, it's a big plate. The eggs benedict was cooked well and the flavors were nice with the pesto and hollandaise. The potatoes were fantastic!

Definitely a great start to our foody trip. I so love breakfast foods and they've got some pretty unique combinations. I'd definitely go back if they had one in Dallas!! I'm totally missing the french toast right now!

Quality of Food:

Service:

Ambiance:

Value:

Overall Experience:



~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment