CHOMP! Views

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pink's Hotdogs Hollywood

We were flying out from LA this past Monday afternoon. My bf and I decided to go check out Pink's Hotdog in Hollywood. We are already short on time but tried to go anyways. The traffic was atrocious... When we pulled up to the location, there was a longg line. OMG! We decided to go for it still. I got out of the car to get in line while he looked for parking.

Pink's Hot Dogs
709 N La Brea Ave
Los Angeles, California 90038
(323) 931-4223
http://www.pinkshollywood.com/
Price: $

It was very nerve racking waiting in line, but for some reason we continued to stand in it... haha. Finally we were reaching the front. We had our orders ready and cash out. They only take cash, just FYI. I apologize for the pictures because it looks kinda gross. We didn't get our food until 1:15PM and our flight was at 3...so we had to take it to go!! I sat in the car and cut the hotdogs with a plastic knife and fork and fed it to my bf..while he drove like a madman! hahaha. Craziness! :/

 We got The Ozzy Spicy Dog (spicy Polish dog, nacho cheese, American cheese, grilled onions, guacamole & chopped tomatoes) $6.50~
This was really good. I really liked the Polish dog because it was actually spicy! I also liked the grilled onions and guacamole which added sweetness and creaminess. The flavors all worked well together. However, they put too much cheese and guac on top. It made the bun mushy pretty quickly. And SOO messy to eat in the car! haha.

Emeril BAM Dog (9" stretch, mustard, onions, cheese, jalapenos, bacon, topped with coleslaw) $5.95~
The regular hotdog looked so skinny and puny after eating the Polish dog. haha. It was definitely not as flavorful as the Ozzy but was still good. I liked the combo with the bacon, jalapeno and slaw. The bacon was cooked nicely and added that fatty salty flavor. The slaw was sweeter than I expected but worked well with the salty bacon. I enjoyed it as well.

Long story short, we barely made it to the airport, but at least we made it! We finished the hotdogs just before reaching the rental car return place. And I didn't make that much of a mess! Woot! Go me! haha. The hotdogs were good, but I don't think they were worth waiting in line for 45 minutes and potentially missing our flight! If you pass it and see no line, then go get some. But if there's a long line, I'd say go elsewhere. And definitely eat there, not in the car! :P

Quality of Food:

Service:

Ambiance:

Value:

Overall Experience:



~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment