CHOMP! Views

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Chicago: Day 1 - Wow Bao

While sightseeing and walking all day, we stopped by Wow Bao. My friend was telling me about it and it's such a cute concept. Being Chinese, I totally love Bao. It's basically a steamed bun with stuff inside.

Wow Bao
1 West Wacker Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60601
(312) 658-0305
http://www.wowbao.com/
Price: $

We just stopped in so I could get a quick snack. You order at the counter and you can see all the pots and equipment behind the glass counter where they steamed all the buns.

They had a bunch of different flavors both savory and sweet. We were having dinner later so I just got one to try... Although I wanted to get like 4 or 5 of them. haha.

Thai Curry Chicken Bao $1.49~

The bao isn't as big as some of the ones I've had in Taiwan. But it's a pretty standard size. It came out nice and hot. The bun was cooked well, nice and fluffy on the outside. The curry filling inside bursted with flavor. There wasn't as much sauce as I imagined, since curry is usually saucy, but I can understand that they didn't want the sauce to gush out when you bite into it. I thought there was a tad much of one spice...I wanna say it's lemongrass. But other than that, it was a nice light snack. They had a seasonal pumpkin one that I totally wanted to try... Oh well. Next time in Chicago I guess.

They also have potstickers and rice bowls and stuff. Really cute place. Hopefully I'll get to try more in the future.

Quality of Food:

Service:

Ambiance:

Value:

Overall Experience:



~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment