CHOMP! Views

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Velvet Bake Shop

I finally got to go into Velvet Bake Shop! haha. It was pretty much what I expected since I've seen pictures on yelp. Very minimalistic, clean, white. It was almost kinda steril feeling? I think it should be a little more "bubbly" or something.

I did like all the cupcakes displayed on the counter though. All of their cupcakes looked really pretty and delicious. I wanted to try so many different flavors.

I decided to get something lighter this time since I was pretty full from dinner. I settled on the Strawberry Cupcake $3.25~ It was so pretty! With the shiny sugar crystals on the top. It was very delicate looking. I liked it. The cake was really moist and again, the frosting was creamy yet fluffy. The cake itself was very light on sugar. The frosting was a little too sweet but with the light cake flavor it worked. I liked the Red Velvet I had last time better but this was also quite yummy. I definitely think this is one of the better cupcake shops in Dallas.

One thing though... the guy working the shop wasn't that great. He wasn't really friendly and welcoming. I asked him a few questions and he either didn't really understand or answered it wrong... I feel like cupcakes are such a fun dessert, you need energy and enthusiasm when you are trying to sell them. He was pretty much as bland as the decor... Sigh~ I'll still go back though. Since the cupcakes are good and it's so close to home. Maybe they should look for more bubbly personalities to bring in more business or something...

Quality of Food:

Service:

Cleanliness:

Value:

Overall Experience:


~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment