CHOMP! Views

Thursday, June 30, 2011

LA Trip - June 2011

I went to Los Angeles this past weekend just to hang out with some friends. And of course travelling means foooood!!! :)

Here are some random food pics for you to enjoy~

My bf has Executive Platinum staus for AA so we got hooked up in first class! Yea baby!!
We get food and drinks in first class..and it's gooood!

On the way to LAX:
Cheese Tortellini with Mushroom Sauce, Caesar Salad and Shrimp Cocktail Chicken with Rice Pilaf & Lima Beans, Caesar Salad, Shrimp Cocktail and Wheat Roll
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with Brownie Cheesecake and Raspberry Sauce

On the way back to DFW:
Tortellini (in tomato sauce and melted cheese; served with side salad and shrimp cocktail)
Chipotle Chicken (with a citrus sauce, Rice Pilaf, and Veggies; served with side salad and shrimp cocktail)
Brownie with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

Also, I got a BIG treat while I was there. A friend of mine invited a group of us over to celebrate on of my friend's birthday. He wanted to cook for us. I went in thinking it would be like potluck-ish style, casual dinner, etc. But nooo...apparently he's some MASTER CHEF in the making! It was soo amazing! I'm so honored that I got to try his food.

We started with Scallops 3 Ways:
Scallop on Avocado and Tortilla with Chimichurri Sauce
Scallop with Mango Salsa
Bacon Wrapped Scallop with Honey Garlic Aioli
OMG! Loved the colors and presentation (minus the plastic plates..hehe). I'm allergic to mango so I had to skip that one. :( But the other 2 were FANTASTIC! The chimichurri sauce had heat from the garlic and was so nice against the tender scallop and creamy avocado. The tortilla added the crunchy element. YUM! And bacon wrapped scallops? Who doesn't like bacon?!?! Delish. Loved the aioli...it was perfect.

Next was Tuna Tartare with Avocado. Fresh, large chunks of tuna paired with the creamy avocado. The marinade for the tuna was really flavorful. Not a dull dish at all!

Lastly, the entree was a Roast Pork with Basil Pesto Spaghetti. This was my favorite of the night, although I loved everything else. The pork was cooked perfectly with just the right bit of fat along the sides. The spaghetti was al dente...perfect! And the basil pesto just brought everything together. The colors were so pretty as well.

OMG. YUMMERS! If he ever decides to open up a restaurant, I'll definitely be there!

Afterwards we had cake for my friend's birthday. This was purchased from an Asian bakery. Taro Napoleon. I don't like taro but I said I would try it. It's basically layers of soft pillowy cake with cream and kind of a taro mousse and then a layer of crispy goodness. It was awesome. The crispy layer is what makes it so interesting. Plus it's not too sweet and light so doesn't weigh you down at all!

Stay tuned for all the other places I ate at!! :)

~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment