CHOMP! Views

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Goodfellas

This past weekend I went to get some dinner with some friends. I chose to go to Goodfellas because I had a Groupon that was expiring! haha.

Santino's Goodfellas Woodfire Pizza
8240 Preston Road
Plano, TX 75024
(469) 362-7999
http://www.santinosgoodfellas.com/

Price: $$

I've heard mixed reviews of this place so I didn't really have high expectations.

We went a little earlier cuz the guys wanted to get some drinks before dinner. On Fridays they have happy hour specials at the bar until 8PM. That's pretty awesome. I think beers were $2.50-$3.50 and apparently $3 you-call-its. Not too shabby! The bartendar wasn't that great with the service though... Since they were drinking, it's only natural that they wanted to get some appetizers...of course. We love food! haha.

Bruschetta (diced tomatoes, onion, herbs and garlic, marinated with extra virgin olive oil, served over grilled garlic toast) $6.49~ The bartendar spoke very highly of the bruschetta and it was indeed very good. I really liked how they used garlic toast so it was extra garlic-y. And we all liked the fact that the bread wasn't too hard or super crispy like most bruschettas. The sauce and tomatoes on top added a slight sweetness to it. It was yummy.

Fried Ravioli (lightly breaded and fried fresh cheese raviolis, served with marinara sauce) $6.99~ These were pretty giant raviolis. I really liked the crispy outside but the cheese inside was kind of dry... I was hoping it would be more melty. The marinara was nice.

An hour later it was time for dinner. We were moved to a dining table in the back room. That room was terrible...everything echoed so it was super hard to hear what everyone was saying. I didn't like that room at all...

We ordered several things to share.

I definitely wanted some greens so I chose Goodfella's House Salad (a generous portion of garden fresh iceberg and mixed greens, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, carrots, red cabbage and croutons) $5.50~ It was a pretty large portion, definitely enough to share between 2-3 people. The ingredients were fresh. I thought it was a good deal.

Pizza alla Vodka (fresh mozzarella, tomato cream vodka sauce, seasoned fresh mushrooms, peas and prosciutto) $13~ I knew I wanted this when I first looked at their online menu. It sounded so good...especially the vodka cream sauce. I felt like it would be different than any other pizza. There was lots of crispy prosciutto on top. I liked that. I felt the flavors were light but I could taste all the components. I really liked their dough. Just enough of doughy chew and a nice crust along the edges. This was my favorite dish of the night.

Sally Pie (lemon garlic chicken with roasted rosemary potatoes and fresh mozzarella, cheddar cheese, mushroom, caramelized onions, topped with a gourmet cheddar scallion cream sauce) $13~ This also sounded super interesting with the rosemary potatoes and scallion cream sauce. Unfortunately I couldn't taste either of those elements. I didn't even see the potatoes at all.. Maybe they forgot to put it on there?? The pizza was still pretty good but it was a little bland. It needed more seasoning. The reason I still liked it is mainly because of the crust, the cheeses and the caramelized onions. I don't think I will order this again.

Spaghetti & Meatballs (freshly prepared meatballs served over a mound of spaghetti and marinara sauce) $10.99~ This was a pretty straight forward spaghetti. The pasta was cooked nicely and the marinara was tasty. I don't like it when the marinara is too tart. This was really good. The meatballs were good, nothing special though. I wonder if their other pastas are any better.

Our waitress wasn't that great. She didn't come around as much as we needed her to. At least she was friendly. I did think it was cool that either the manager or owner of the place came around and greeted all the tables. Really friendly people.

I'll go back in the future. I enjoyed the food overall and I gotta go back and take advantage of their happy hour specials! :)

Quality of Food:

Service:

Cleanliness:

Value:

Overall Experience:


~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment