CHOMP! Views

Friday, April 15, 2011

Desserts @ The Grape

After dinner we went for MORE desserts!! haha.

Hit up The Grape which was just down the street cuz I had a free dessert coupon for my birthday.

The Grape
2808 Greenville Ave
Dallas, Texas 75206
(214) 828-1981

http://www.thegraperestaurant.com/
Price: $ (for desserts)

I chose the Valrhona Chocolate Terrine (with French Brandied Cherries) $7~ but was free with my email coupon. :) I've heard great things about this dessert but I didn't really know what to expect. But I love chocolate so it shouldn't be that bad. haha. It looked amazing. It's basically like a really thick and rich mousse/ganache type texture. There were 2 thin slices of the chocolatey decadence but it was more than enough. It was super rich; I can't eat it all myself! You can see chunks of the cherries throughout the slices. It was a great combination and a great dessert for chocolate lovers. I just recommend sharing it!! :P

Another friend that joined us for dessert ordered the Bananas Foster-Dark Chocolate Bread Pudding (with Rum-Raisin ice cream) $7~ This was also really good. There was a good crust on top of the bread pudding. Lots of chocolate sauce and a nice thick layer of bananas in the middle. The chocolate kind of overpowered the ice cream so I couldn't really taste the rum raisin, but just having an ice cream on the side is always a great pairing for bread pudding. YUM!

My friend ordered Strawberry Shortcake (with whippy cream and caramel sauce) $7~ The portion was pretty big and overflowing with strawberries. I'm usually not a fan of strawberry shortcake because of the 'cake' part, which is more like a biscuit to me. And they are usually pretty hard and dry. In this case...it was just like the others. :( However, the strawberries were great! It IS strawberry season after all. They were sweet and juicy and great with the cream inside the shortcake. Personally I wouldn't order this again because of the shortcake, but the strawberries were good.

Quality of Food:

Service:

Cleanliness:

Value:

Overall Experience:


~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment