CHOMP! Views

Friday, February 18, 2011

Best Red Velvet Cake EVER!!

I went back to Mercy Wine Bar this past Saturday night with some friends after dinner. They wanted to get some drinks and maybe some dessert.

Mercy Wine Bar
5100 Belt Line Road #544
Dallas, TX 75254
(972) 702-9463
Price: $ (for dessert)

The place is hard to find in that shopping center. The sign is hard to see while driving around too. Just look for Blue Mesa and you'll find it next door.

Our waiter was pretty cool. He seemed knowledgeable about their selection of wines and was very good about suggesting wines for my friends.
A friend of mine ordered the Red Velvet Cake (layers of moist red velvet and cream cheese) $6~ It was sooo pretty! I've never seen red velvet cake presented this way before. Usually it's just a big slice of cake, or in cupcake form. I liked how they alternating thin layers of cake and cream cheese frosting. The red was so vibrant...presentation was definitely an A+. Then we dug into it. OMG!!!! It was sooo moist and delicious. It was decadent yet light. The cake and frosting combo wasn't too sweet...it all just worked together perfectly. I think this is one of THE BEST red velvet cakes I've ever had in my life. The size was also pretty reasonable for the price. It took A LOT of will power not to inhale that thing for myself. I'm just wondering what they do with the leftovers after they cut out the round cakes. I'll totally eat the leftovers if they just toss it!!! hahaha.

Needless to say, I LOVED it! I will definitely go back in the future to have it again. And also to try new desserts. So far both desserts I've had there were really good. :)

Quality of Food:
Service:
Cleanliness:
Value:
Overall Experience:

~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment