CHOMP! Views

Monday, January 31, 2011

Sucre

We had a couple hours to kill before heading to the airport so we drove down Magazine Street where people have recommended us to check out. So we just parked the car and took a stroll.

Sucre
3025 Magazine Street
New Orleans, LA 70115
(504) 520-8311
http://www.shopsucre.com/
Price: $

We ended up at Sucre, this dessert boutique that someone had recommended. They said it had the best macaroons in town.

The place was really cute. The decor and styling was very appealing and fit the type of store really well. Other than selling bakery items they also had a gelato counter and a chocolate counter. Everything looked pretty and fancy and delicious.

I'm not really a macaroon fan but I figured since I was there I should give it a try. OMG! They were sooo expensive. Each macaroon (they were tiny...about 1 inch in diameter) was $2. I decided I didn't want to try it that badly. haha.

I ended up getting 2 Scoops of Gelato with Waffle Cone (Mint Chocolate Chip and Rocher gelato) $4.75~ The Rocher gelato tasted just like Ferro Rocher (one of my favorite chocolates of all time). YUM! But I still prefer Paciugo's gelato...it tastes great and is lighter and healthier in my opinion.

So this place was packed...and people continued to come in and out. They were definitely short staffed even though there were quite a bit of people behind the counter working. The service was terrible!! After I got my gelato I stood in line to pay. I noticed that the girl at
the register left and started making something for one of the customer, while leaving a line of 5-6 people waiting. You would think they would have people manning the registers and other prepping the food... We waited a while longer and people around me started talking. We didn't know why no one was there to check us out. I could've easily just walked out without paying! The lady in front of me said she wanted to sit down and enjoy her gelato but she was almost finished with it! Ridiculous. Finally I flagged down one guy behind the counter. He looked utterly confused that I asked for someone to check us out...as if I made some crazy request. Hello?!? Then he proceeded to walk away! WTH?!? Finally some girl showed up behind the register. She was confused as well. Apparently there were 2 different lines at 2 different registers (one for the gelato, the other for the bakery/chocolates). One of the customers didn't know which line to go into and the girl behind the register didn't know either and couldn't help her... OMG. I really should've just walked out and gotten free ice cream.

Geezus...that was a crazy ordeal. Finally I made it out of there. Very unimpressed with how they ran the place. Unless you are a macaroon fanatic, I can say this place can be skipped. Go to Kupcake Factory instead!! :P

Quality of Food:

Service:

Cleanliness:

Value:

Overall Experience:


~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment