CHOMP! Views

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Emporium Pies in Bishop Arts

I went to check out the new Perot Natural History Museum on Saturday. Totally cool place btw... So I also took the opportunity to go to Bishop Arts in Oakcliff for dinner (since it was so close!) 

We had 2 hours to kill before dinner and were already hungry so we walked around the area looking for a snack. Dessert before dinner? Yes please!! :P 

Emporium Pies 
314 N. Bishop Ave. 
Dallas, Tx 75208 
(469) 206-6126 
http://emporiumpies.com/ 
Price: $ 

I've heard great things about this place and have been wanting to try it out for awhile. It's in a cute converted old home, very homey inside. It was pretty small, only about 6-7 small tables in there. And business was good! Constantly a stream of people coming in. 

They had a yummy display of pies by the register. They all looked so good! All their pies are homemade and seasonal with no preservatives, hydrogenated oils, dyes, or corn syrup. Let's just say it's "good for you". :P 

My friend got The Snowball (flaky crust filled with creamy coconut custard, house whipped cream, topped with crunchy toasted coconut) $5~ 
I'm not a fan of shredded coconut but he said it was really good. It did look pretty good. (minus all the coconut on top! :P haha.) I kid... 

I got the Buttermilk Blitzen (chai spice blend with classic buttermilk pie) $5~ Made it A la mode +$2~ 
I love buttermilk pies and they made it even better with the addition of the chai spice. It was spicy and warms you up. It was super moist and the crust was buttery and flaky. The ice cream was a necessary addition. haha. Who doesn't want a side of ice cream with all their desserts?! I really enjoyed it. I would definitely have it again. 

It's a cute place to hang out on a lazy afternoon or something. I only wish it was much closer to where I live! 

Quality of Food:




Service:




Ambiance:




Value:




Overall Experience:




~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment