CHOMP! Views

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Sneak Peak of DaLat - Late Night Vietnamese Comfort Food

DaLat Restaurant and Bar
2537 N. Fitzhugh Ave.
Dallas, TX 75204
(214) 827-3200
http://www.dalatdallas.com/

Eat. Drink. Pho. That's the motto at the new late night Vietnamese restaurant by Khanh Nguyen. It's not open yet but I had the pleasure of getting a sneak taste of his homemade pho.

Late night, after 11PM, the pho hit the spot!!! So good I had seconds! We have a ton of Vietnamese pho places around Dallas but none of them really stand out to me. They are either decent... Or bad. I was pleasantly surprised by the pho at DaLat. It was something he just whipped up while we were hanging out and it was better than most phos I've had in a long time. He didn't put a lot of different stuff in there. It was just simple yet tasty.
The noodles had great texture... Weren't overcooked. The meat was tender and thinly sliced. And the broth was the best part. It had soo much flavor. Normally I douse my pho with sriracha but I only put a small squirt of it this time. It didn't need the extra flavor.

As of right now DaLat's soft opening will be on April 18th. For the first month it will only be open for late night, 10PM - 2AM. And it will feature some pretty creative late night menu items I hear. When the full menu rolls out, DaLat will feature homemade Pho, Banh Mi, and other Vietnamese comfort food. There will be a special late night munchies menu for those wanting a midnight snack or just rolling out of the clubs. hehe.

Keep your eye out for it and mark your calendars for April 18th!! As soon as they get their liquor license they will also feature a full bar. And I think there might be some interesting cocktails in the works too?? ;-)

~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment