CHOMP! Views

Thursday, April 26, 2012

NYC Apr12: Gyu-Kaku East Village

On Thursday night, while we were waiting for a table at Ippudo, we decided to go to Gyu-Kaku. The friend we were with used to work there and she wanted to go visit her old co-workers. She also said the food was really good and we were about to catch their reverse happy hour!

Gyu-Kaku - East Village
34 Cooper Square
New York, NY 10003
(212) 475-2989
http://www.gyu-kaku.com/ny/eastvillage.htm
Price (Bar Menu): $

Everyone was really friendly there. And their happy hour specials are amazing! I'd definitely recommend checking it out. It starts at 9:30PM until close I believe.

We didn't want to spoil our appetite before ramen but I felt like we should order something since we were hanging out there. My friend said everything there is good but when she showed me the dessert it peaked my interest.

Lady M's Mille Crepe $8~
The main thing that made me want to order this is that the green tea flavor is exclusive to this location. I've had mille crepe before in Narita airport and I remembered it being really good. This one blew it out of the water! The green tea flavor was at the forefront but wasn't bitter like green tea can sometimes get. The crepe cake was super moist and the ice cream was perfect with it. I think I can eat the whole cake! Because it's super light, I didn't feel like I ruined my appetite. YUM!

I wish we had more time in NYC to be able to actually eat there. Next trip I guess...

Quality of Food:

Service:

Ambiance:

Value:

Overall Experience:


~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment