CHOMP! Views

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

NYC Apr12: Tuck Shop in Chelsea Market

The Chelsea Market was one of the places on my list I really wanted to visit...mostly because Food Network was there. But I wasn't able to visit the office. :(

I walked around all the different shops and was able to try some different things.

Tuck Shop: The Great Aussie Bite
Inside Chelsea Market
75 9th Ave
New York, NY 10011
(212) 255-2021
http://www.tuckshopnyc.com
Price: $

I saw the Tuck Shop featured on the Travel Channel every once in a while. It was showcased on a pie special that featured different sweet and savory pies across the country. It is an Australian restaurant specialized in meat pies. On the show, all the Australians in the city loved the food and said it was very authentic.

I was interested so got some stuff to snack on. I was going to get the standard beef but after the guy explained the Guiness Steak (pie with steak, mushrooms, and peppercorn sauce) $6~ to me, it sounded so good!

I liked the crust. It looked small but it was actually a pretty hefty meal. The steak and sauce inside was good but the mushrooms were sour. I'm not sure if that's how it's supposed to be? But I did not like that at all. :( I've never had Austrailian food so I have nothing to base it on. I can't say if it's authentic or not.

You all know I love Brussels sprouts so I had to get the Roasted Brussels Sprouts $5~
It had a nice char on the outside but they store it in a heated container to keep it hot...and it got a bit too soft. I liked the flavor though.

It was a bit of a disappointment. At least the guy was really nice when I asked him questions and made my order.

Quality of Food:

Service:

Ambiance:

Value:

Overall Experience:


~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment