CHOMP! Views

Sunday, January 29, 2012

LA!! Fuku Burger

For dinner we checked out Fuku Burger. It's a new place...only been open for a few months. I had actually bought a deal for this place on bloomspot. So we had $50 to spend at a discounted rate! Woot!

Fuku Burger
1634 Cahuenga Blvd.
Hollywood, CA 90028
(323) 464-3858
http://www.fukuburger.com/
Price: $

Walking in, the decor kinda punches you in the face. Lots of black and red...very bold color choices. A little too much red after we sat down for a bit and soaked it all in. The oversaturated redness was a bit much... But overall the decorations were pretty funky and trendy.

We were greeted quickly when we arrived but after that it took a while for the waitress to come check on us. I asked her about their happy hour specials which supposedly ends at 7pm and she informs us that it's over. My friend looks at his watch and said..."it's 6:50..." She just replied, "well we just ended it a little earlier since it's Friday." Uhhhh... what does that have to do with anything?!? That ticked me off a little...

Anyways, we finally ordered.
#2 Tamago "Egg Burger" (Fuku-patty topped with fried egg, fuikake, crispy onions, Teriyaki sauce and wasabi mayo) $9~
None of the burgers really came with lettuce and tomato (other than the "Fuku" burger). I liked the egg in there but it was missing some freshness.

#4 Kinoko "Mushroom Burger" (Fuku-patty topped with grilled Shitake mushrooms, pickled red ginger, Teriyaki sauce and wasabi mayo) $9~
The mushrooms were fantastic, but again, missing that freshness from the lack of vegetables. My friend also said he felt like it was missing something.

#5 Karai "Spicy Buger" (Fuku-patty topped with pickled cucumbers, avocado cream and habanero kabayaki) $8~ 1-10 spicy. I chose #8.
I really like spicy but I opted for #8 spicy just in case. The habanero sauce definitely had a kick to it but I think I could do the level 10. I asked for lettuce and tomato with my burger. Sooo glad I did that.

#6 Chicken Katsu "Crispy Chicken" (panko crusted chicken breast topped with shredded cabbage, katsu sauce and crack sauce) $7~
This was really good. The chicken was fried well and the sauces paired really well with it.

Overall the burgers were all good, but not great. And they were a little small. All Fuku burgers are made with premium, sustainable, all-natural, free range Angus beef.

Garlic Fries (French fries seasoned with garlic salt and Togarashi) $3~
These were fantastic! They were fried perfectly and I loved the seasoning on it.

Jazz Fries (Garlic fries topped off with brown gravy and crack sauce) $4~
This was even better! I normally don't like gravy on fries but their gravy was amazing. Soooo addicting. I couldn't stop eating them. I even took the regular garlic fries and dipped them into the gravy. The only thing is that they put too much gravy on top. Half of the bowl of fries were soaked in the gravy. A bit too salty and mushy. But I can still eat it forever! haha.

The food was pretty good. The service is a bit lacking. But the manager came around and checked on all the tables so I thought that was nice. For the price, they really need to make the burgers a little bigger. And put some fresh veggies in there to liven up the burgers. It's a cool place to have a drink and chill but I would just snack on the fries and have dinner somewhere else. haha.

Quality of Food:

Service:

Ambiance:

Value:

Overall Experience:



~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment