CHOMP! Views

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Three Squares

I recently heard about this place in Frisco, took a look at the menu and immediately decided I need to go. haha. Three Squares opened on July 4th so it's only been about 2 weeks. It's located right in front of the Cinemark entrance in Frisco Square.

Three Squares
5680 Frisco Square Blvd. Ste 1400
Frisco, TX 75034
(972) 204-5460
http://www.threesquaresfrisco.com/
Price: $$

I liked the decor. It's very open with large windows so it's nice and bright. They've got a good size patio area too. You order at the counter and they bring the food out to you. I had a hard time deciding what I wanted.. Too many good choices vs debating on whether to stay healthier or not. hahaha. But if you look at the menu, it's easier to be bad than good. :P

I opted for "BFD" Breakfast For Dinner (slow roasted pork belly, sunny side up egg, house made pork hash, sweet potato fries, belgian waffle, maple syrup, horseradish aioli) $12~ 
I love breakfast food any time of day so this is perfect. Plus it's got a little bit of everything I wanted to try. And then of course... PORK BELLY! Can't turn that down. The dish wasn't as big as I was expecting it to be, but that's quite alright. It was plenty filling for me. The pork belly was tender with a nice amount of fat and paired well with the pork hash, which was a tad dry. The waffles were great. Nice and fluffy and the maple syrup just made it better. I think the dish can be plated differently? The egg covering the pork made it less impressive. I had to move things around to get a picture of all the elements. haha. Oh.. and they left out the sweet potato fries so I told the waiter. They brought me an entire side of sweet potato fries. Holla!

Sweet Potato Fries (smoky ranch) $3~
These were fantastic!! Super hot, just made, thick cut. Crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside. I'd say one of the best sweet potato fries I've ever had. And I've had LOTS of sweet potato fries! The smoky ranch dip went really well with it. I also dipped some in my maple syrup! What What?! hahaha. It was awesome! :P

Here are some stuff my friends got. We had a big group so I was able to sample lots of different things! :)

Vinney's Grandma's Chicken Parmesan (breaded chicken, marinara, mozzarella, taleggio, parmesan, fusilli pasta) $13~
This was a giant dish. The chicken cutlet was bigger than my face! It was fried nicely too. And a giant heap of cheese on top... a bit too much I think. haha. But you can always scrape it off, which my friend did. The marinara had good flavor. She ate it all! I was impressed! hehe.

Caprese Pasta (vine-ripe tomatoes, roasted garlic, mozzarella, basil pesto cream sauce, parmesan, fusilli pasta) $10~
This was pretty good. I only tried a little bite but I liked the pesto cream sauce. Throw some bacon bits or pork belly in there and I think they'd have a winner. :P

Tots (horseradish aioli) $3~ The tots were fried well. I liked them a lot.

Housemade Pork Hash (honey baked ham, crispy carnitas, warm dijon potato salad) $5~ The hash on its own was meh. It was kinda dry. It was much better in my BFD. My friend didn't care for it.

Hogs Heaven (slow roasted pork belly, smoky cheddar, grilled red onions, lettuce, tomato, mustard seed ketchup, brioche bun) $10~
They brand their buns... that's pretty cool. hehe. Looked pretty good with the slab of pork belly on there. I didn't like the giant layer of cheddar cheese though. My friend said it was pretty good, not great.

Three Squares Burger (housemade pork hash, smoky cheddar, sunny side up egg, lettuce, tomato, smoky ranch, brioche bun) $9~ This looked awesome. The egg was runny and the yolk poured all over the burger. Yum. haha. I didn't get to try it but I heard it was good.

Philly Chicken (garlic roasted chicken, seasonal farm roasted vegetables, caramelized onions, jalapenos, provolone, mustard dressing, ciabatta) $8~ This looked pretty good too. Didn't get to sample any myself. But my friend really liked it.

I liked the food and the ambiance. It would be a great brunch place. Plus I gotta go back and try their S'mores French Toast! OMG!!! haha. The waiters are all very nice as well. The food took a while to come out but that may just be because it just opened. I'll definitely be back!

Quality of Food:




Service:




Ambiance:




Value:




Overall Experience:




~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment