CHOMP! Views

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Fatted Calf

I went to The Fatted Calf 2 weeks ago for brunch. I love brunchy food and their menu sounded yummy. 

The Fatted Calf 
112 E Rusk St 
Rockwall, TX 75087 
(972) 722-3343 
http://www.thefattedcalfrestaurant.com/ 
Price (for brunch): $ 

It's located in downtown Rockwall, which is pretty small. Reminded me of an even smaller version of downtown Plano. The decor is pretty eclectic. I liked the wood panels and animal hide as decoration. I also liked the art on the walls. 

Everything sounded good but I love me some pancakes so I went with that!  
Pancakes (with blueberries and granola) $7.50~ (plus $1 for 2nd topping). 
It comes with 2 per order. They were pretty big! Not the best pancakes I've ever had, but pretty damn good. Fresh berries on top and inside the pancakes, crunchy granola, fluffy pancakes. No complaints! I'm especially glad I added the granola, added a crunch and nuttiness to it. :) I ate it all!!!! haha. 

They had a jar of homemade Strawberry Preserves at the table. It was awesome! I put that on my pancakes and it made it even better. We had finished pretty much the entire jar at the end of the meal. hahaha. 

The Monterey Omelette (avocado, local tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, spinach; with side of wheat toast and hashbrowns) $8.50~ 
My bf ordered this. The omlette was fresh and yummy. A little smaller than I expected but with the sides, it was still a big portion. I asked for the hashbrowns extra crispy and they were delish! The strawberry preserves on the toast...NOM!! 

It was a great late brunch. No complaints from either of us. And the waitress told us you can buy their preserves in the shop next door! (Too bad it wasn't open on Sundays, cuz we wanted some!) 

If you're looking for a good brunch spot in Rockwall, check out The Fatted Calf. Just the name alone should tell you they got some tasty food! haha. 

Quality of Food:




Service:




Ambiance:




Value:




Overall Experience:




 ~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment