CHOMP! Views

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Sweet Mix

I needed a little pick me up this past Wednesday so I met up with 2 of my friends at Sweet Mix. Usually we just go for yogurt but I felt like having something different plus I had bought a Sweet Mix groupon a while back.

Sweet Mix
1811 N Greenville Ave. Ste 300
Richardson, TX 75081
(972) 231-6117
http://www.thesweetmix.com/
Price: $

I had actually blogged about them before their grand opening. And since their opening, I've recommended many people there, and they've all loved it.

Walking in, it was colorful and bright just like I remembered. And the aroma of freshly made crepes and waffles will make you salivate!

It took me a while to look over the menu. I think they've expanded it since I was there many months ago and it all sounded so good!

I ended up picking a specialty crepe and a waffle sandwich.

Bananas Foster Crepe (bananas, banana pudding, cinnamon, nutella, caramel sauce, vanilla ice cream) $6.25~
One of my friends (who is a regular at this establishment. hehe) raved about this crepe the past few times she was there so I thought I'd give it a try. It was good. The crepe was soft and light. I really liked the hit of cinnamon with the sweetness of the banana and caramel flavors. The only thing I would say is I wished there were more banana slices in it.

When I saw this on the menu, I HAD to get it. It just sounded amazing. Red Velvet Waffle Sandwich (special red velvet batter, cream cheese filling, chocolate chips, chocolate sauce) Full $6.95~

And I was right. It was AH-MAZING!! They've definitely worked on perfecting their waffles because this was perfectly cooked. Crispy on the outside and just the right denseness. The previous time I was there, I had commented that the waffles were too soft. They totally fixed it and exceeded my expectations. The red velvet waffle wasn't too sweet so it paired well with the cream cheese filling and chocolate in the middle. And the cream cheese filling wasn't straight up cream cheese, it was more like a whipped cream consistency which I really enjoyed. The chocolate chips inside added a nice touch and more texture. YUM! I would eat this again in a heart beat!

This time around, I got to meet the owner. He had responded to my first review many months ago and was very informative on their improvements on the menu items. He was really nice and even threw in an extra scoop of ice cream on the side. Thanks!! :)

I had a bunch of comments and suggestions the first time I was there. But this time...I don't really have much to say but "YUMMY!" :D I'm so glad they've improved their menu items and that the business is blooming. Keep up the good work! And I'll be back for the red velvet waffle among other things!

Quality of Food:

Service:

Ambiance:

Value:

Overall Experience:


~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment