CHOMP! Views

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Fell's Point - Baltimore

Saturday night after all the wedding activities we drove to Fell's Point to check out the area. Parking on a Saturday night is atrocious!! OMG! It took us at least 35-40 minutes to finally find parking!

I wanted to check out Pitango Gelato because they had a lot of exotic flavors.

Pitango Gelato
802 South Broadway
Baltimore, MD 21231
(410) 236-0741
http://www.pitangogelato.com/
Price: $

The place was pretty tiny and there was a line! They have all the available flavors on the wall. So many interesting flavors!! Like Rhubarb, Spicy Chocolate, and Quince to name a few.

They also scooped out the gelato from these canisters, I've never seen that before. The gelato texture seemed kinda sticky too. It was cool watching them scoop it out.

I got a Large Cup (3 flavors: Spicy Chocolate, Sicilian Almond, Cardamom) $6.50~
It's definitely pricey!! :( The Spicy Chocolate had a really good kick to it. It reminded me of this Tabasco Chocolate my friend got me in the past. The heat just lingers in the back of your throat. An interesting sensation. The Almond was good but the Cardamom was my favorite out of the 3. It had that slight warmth and spice but not too much. I should've opted for something other than the spicy chocolate even though I enjoyed it because it ended up overpowering the other two flavors.

It was a new type of gelato to try and I liked all the exotic flavors, but I'm still partial to my Paciugo back in Dallas. hehe.

Quality of Food:

Service:

Ambiance:

Value:

Overall Experience:


----------------------------------------------------------
Afterwards we looked for a place to chill and get some snacks. We ended up at Tapa's Adela. The sign was what attracted me since it was red and lit up.


Tapas Adela
814 South Broadway
Fells Point, MD 21231
(410) 534-6262
http://www.tapasadela.com/
Price: $-$$

I wasn't really even hungry after the massive sushi buffet we had during lunch but some of my friends wanted some "real" food (other than gelato) haha.

They ordered several dishes... (and I ended up trying all of them...of course. haha) I don't eat to satisfy hunger. I eat because I love food!

Pan Seared Diver Scallops (pistachio & sage vinaigrette, roasted cauliflower, garlic baby spinach) $10.95~
The scallops were good and my friends loved the dish but I liked the cauliflower even more. I thought that was the star of the dish.

Maryland Jumbo Lump Crabcakes (sage sofrito, citrus aioli) $14.95~
The cakes were full of crab...almost no other fillers. Which was great! I loved the flavor and the sauces. YUM!

Beef Short Rib Cocas/Flatbreads (horseradish aioli, bacon bits, shaved Manchego) $10.95~
 This was meh. The flatbread was a bit dry as was the short rib. I don't recommend this.

I ended up getting Albondigas de Calamari (calamari & pork meatballs, squid ink rice, lemon aioli) $8.95~ because it sounded so interesting.
The rice was puffy and slightly crispy. I loved the texture! Almost like the crispy rice in Korean Bibimbop. That stole the show for sure. The meatballs were good. I like the crispy outside. But I actually like the combination of the crabcakes with the rice even more! hehe.

The food was pretty good, a little expensive for the portions we got. It's quite dark inside and kind of loud so it wasn't such a good place to talk. The service was eh. They were just there to take our orders and serve the food...nothing spectacular.

Quality of Food:

Service:

Ambiance:

Value:

Overall Experience:



~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment