CHOMP! Views

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Tu-Lu's Gluten-Free Bakery in Dallas!

I was very excited when I found out Tu-Lu's Bakery opening in Dallas. It is an all gluten-free bakery featuring lots of different types of desserts.

Tu Lu's Gluten-Free Bakery
6055 Sherry Lane
Dallas, TX 75225
(214) 730-0049
http://tu-lusbakery.com/
Price: $

I'm not gluten intolerant or anything but I'm always interested in these types of things. I generally try to eat healthier so anything that uses all natural ingredients, etc. is something I wanna try. However, I do know people that are allergic to gluten so this is a great place for them to check out!

The shop is pretty small. Basically a couple of chairs and the bakery counter. The decor looks just like the website. Similar color schemes, very simplistic but cute. The girl behind the counter was nice but not super friendly. I wish she would've done more introduction on the different selections or talked about the ingredients or something since it's what sets them apart from all other bakeries... I asked some questions but it would've been nice if she had offered some info as well.

They have a pretty big variety of gluten free desserts...cupcakes, cookies, muffins, bread, and even paninis. I think some of the items are also sugar free, dairy free and/or vegan. Make sure you check on that though, if you have those allergies.

I wanted to try everything but had to edit myself. haha. Also my bf's mom is allergic to gluten so I wanted to pick up some stuff for her as well.

I ended up with the following...

Mini Cupcakes 3 for $3.50~ (1 for $1.25)
Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting, Yellow Cake with Chocolate Frosting, Red Velvet.
They are so cute! I only tried the chocolate on chocolate one. I loved the frosting! It was a different texture than I've had on cupcakes before...and it was really light but full of chocolate flavor. The cake was good...moist enough.
But it's such a small bite that I can't really make any sort of judgement on it. These were tiny...quite expensive for the size.

Banana Walnut Muffin $2.75~
This looked really good but was slightly dry in the middle. My bf's mom said she could taste the rice flour in there. Maybe that's what made it dry and a little gritty?

Dark Chocolate Brownie $2.95~
This was yummy and moist. It's almost like a flourless chocolate cake, pretty dense. Definitely a great treat if you have a chocolate craving.

So overall the desserts were good, not super spectacular. But considering they are gluten free, that makes it better because you can't really tell its gluten free. The prices are comparable to other cupcake places around town and since they are gluten free, I'm sure their material costs are a bit higher. I would definitely recommend it if you are gluten intolerant. I would go back in the future to try other things as well.

Quality of Food:

Service:

Ambiance:

Value:

Overall Experience:



~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment