CHOMP! Views

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Holy Grail Pub

The Holy Grail Pub
8240 Preston Rd. Ste 150
Plano, TX 75024
(972) 377-6633
www.holygrailpub.com
Price: $-$$

This place is so close to my house but I never got around to trying it out. Finally went there a few weeks ago for a quick dinner. The place was packed!! Dimly lit, what you would expect an "European" pub to be I guess. We sat at the bar. The bartender was really friendly and service was pretty speedy.

Most of the menu items were reasonably priced and sounded pretty tasty. I decided on the Pork and Beans (Beer braised short ribs slow cooked and centered around Boston-style baked beans garnished with candied jalapenos) $9~ It was a pretty big plate...the quantity was definitely worth the price. The ribs were super tender, lots of flavor and paired with the beans really well. The beans were slightly sweet as was the candied jalapenos on top. I've never had candied jalapenos before. It was an interesting touch on the dish. Slightly sweet and spicy, added a nice kick. I also put some tabasco on there and made it even better! haha. Tabasco can pretty much go on ANYTHING! :P

I'm not a beer drinker, but it seemed like they had a big selection of beer and some were pretty rare. But I would like to go back and try more items on the menu. It's worth checking out if you are into beer and pubs. Good place to hang with friends and it opens late!

Quality of Food:

Service:

Cleanliness:

Value:

Overall Experience:


~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment