CHOMP! Views

Friday, December 24, 2010

Cafe Tampopo - Twice in 3 days :P

Cafe Tampopo
101 W Spring Creek Pkwy
Plano, TX 75023
(469) 229-0103
Price: $

I've been here twice in the past 3 days. haha. Told a few friends about it and they wanted to check it out. 2 days later we're back again! :P

This time I got the House Salad (mixed greens with Tampopo homemade ginger dressing) $3~ I think the portion size for the salad is good. The greens are very fresh and I love their dressing. The little crispies on top also adds a nice contrast in texture. It's a good way to add some extra veggies to the meal.

I also tried their Seaweed Salad (assorted seaweed and fresh salad in light sesame dressing) $4~ This was also good. Very refreshing and lots of flavor.

Now this is the reason we went this time. The Pork Rib Ramen (ramen with 2 pork ribs and veggies) $6.95~ The ramen is new! It's off the menu...only written on the specials board. There are not that many places in Dallas that have ramen...so when I see it I gotta try it! It comes with 2 large pork ribs. Looked sooo good! :) The ramen was cooked perfectly...great texture. The flavor was good too. I really liked the veggies in the noodle soup. I've never had ramen like this before. 1. with the ribs and 2. with the mixed veggies. Plus it's so cheap for a pretty big bowl. I totally recommend it!

A friend of mine ordered the Okinawa Soba (thick noodles in broth with pork) $7.50~ Apparently there are different types of soba. I had no idea! The normal buckwheat soba noodles are the thin brown ones that are more available in Japanese restaurants. I googled Okinawa soba and actually found out that even though it's called "soba", the noodles don't use soba flour. It's actually made from wheat flour and looks more like udon noodles. And usually cooked in a pork broth. Interesting! Learning something new everyday. hehe. The texture of the noodles were great. The broth was light but still lots of flavor. I only tried a little bite so I think I'll get that one for myself next time.

So far everything I've had here is pretty good. Great value for Japanese food. Also a good place to hang out with friends since it's BYOB. Definitely go check it out sometime!!

Quality of Food:
Service:
Cleanliness:
Value:
Overall Experience:

~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment