CHOMP! Views

Monday, September 21, 2009

Vapiano - Interesting Concept

My sister told me about Vapiano. It’s a fairly new place at Mockingbird Station. The concept of it peaked my interest. You get a card when you walk in, the orders are swiped on the card and you pay for everything at the end.

Vapiano
5319 East Mockingbird Lane
Dallas, TX 75206
(214) 887-1557
http://www.vapianointernational.com/

Price: $-$$

There are different stations: pizza, salad, pasta…where you place your order and they make it right there in front of you. The décor was very contemporary and different. The seating is open, so you can sit in the main dining area, the bar, or outside seating.

We ordered a bunch of different things:

Side Salad (iceberg lettuce, cherry tomatoes) $2.50~ This was totally not worth it. It was small and meh. The dressing was supposed to be arugula/mustard vinaigrette but it was really light and I tasted none of the mustard.

My friend got the Bruschetta (roasted ciabatta bread, fresh tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil) $3.95~ I didn’t try it but she said it was just ok.




Chicken Alfredo (penne, chicken breast, cream sauce, parmesan) $9.95~
The portion was pretty big but could’ve used more chicken. The cream sauce was very lightly seasoned and a little more watery than normal alfredo sauce. It could’ve been a little creamier but I didn’t mind it being lightly seasoned because I could taste the actual pasta…which I like. The pasta was cooked pretty well…had a nice texture to it. I liked the dish.

Ravioli Ricotta e Spinach (ravioli with spinach and ricotta filling, tomato sauce) $10.95~ The ravioli also had good texture but could’ve used more filling…especially spinach. The tomato sauce was a little too sour for me and the sauce overpowered the flavor of the ravioli. It was ok…but the portion was quite small. Luckily we had lots of other food.

Chicken Pesto Pizza (chicken breast, basil pesto, fresh tomatoes, basil, garlic) $10.95~ This looked soooo good when I picked it up. It was pretty big and the crust just looked yummy. And it was. The crust was like thin cheesy bread…not overly crispy with a nice texture. The pesto sauce was also really good…not overly seasoned but still had good flavor. And there were lots of chicken pieces on top. :)

Overall, the food was pretty good…I would probably go back. But I would say check out this place more for the décor/concept. If you want really good Italian food, there are better places with similar prices.

Quality of Food:

Service (at the counter):

Cleanliness:

Value:

Overall Experience:

~~CHOMP CHOMP~~

No comments:

Post a Comment