CHOMP! Views

Thursday, October 10, 2013

NYC 2013: Shake Shack!!!!!!!!!

I can't go to NYC and not get some Shake Shack!! So it was my last dinner of the trip.

Shake Shack - Theater District
691 8th Ave
New York, NY 10036
(646) 435-0135
http://www.shakeshack.com/
Price: $

We went to the one in the Theater District in Times Square. We got there around 5PM and there was already a line out the door. But wasn't too bad. I think if we had gone at 6pm the line would've been at least doubled. And it moved fairly fast. Gave us time to look at the menu and figure out what we wanna get.

This one is indoors, unlike the original Madison Square location. You order at the counter and they give you a beeper thing to pick up when your food is ready. The place was packed!!!!! But we got lucky and found a table. :)

I got the 'Shroom Burger (crisp fried portobello mushroom filled with melted muenster and cheddar cheeses, topped with lettuce, tomato and ShackSauce) $6.75~ 
 
 
It's what I had last year when I first tried Shake Shack. It's freaking awesome. The burger is freshly made, all the elements are perfectly cooked. The mushroom was breaded and fried with oozy cheese in the middle. The cheese kinda squished out the side. But don't worry! I scooped up every last bit of it and slathered it back on my burger. haha. I still don't miss the meat! The flavors are so balanced too. And it's still one of the only burger places where the flavors and textures are all there without it being an oily mess. Fantastic! I wasn't really hungry going in (since I just gorged myself at Smorgasburg) but I ate it all PLUS some fries and dessert. SO GOOD!

One friend got a Hamburger (single patty + bacon) $4.85~ She said she preferred more traditional type burgers. It looked pretty good with the big slices of bacon in the middle.

The rest of the group all got a Shack Stack (cheeseburger and a 'shroom burger topped with lettuce, tomato, and ShackSauce) $8.85~ 
 
 
 
If I was hungrier I would've gotten this too. It was epic! The perfectly fried stuffed mushroom PLUS a beef patty! Again, everything was cooked perfectly. The ingredients are super fresh. It was a little hard to take a bite, but we managed. haha. I tried a bite and and it's pretty damn good.

Cheese Fries (topped with special blend of cheddar and American cheese sauce) $3.70~ I love crinkle cut fries! They were crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The cheese sauce was pretty rich on top. And soooo delicious.

Fries $2.70~ Couldn't stop eating them!!!

We were all pretty full but wanted to try their desserts. Since most of us have never had it before.

Design Your Own Concrete - dense frozen custard ice cream blended at high speed with mix-ins. So we ordered a Double $4.50~ with mix-ins: Strawberry Puree and Chocolate Covered Pretzels +$0.60~ each. 
 
And we all shared. I ended up eating more than most... as always... haha. It was goooood. Rich frozen custard with fresh strawberry puree. And I loved the crunch from the pretzels. Wasn't overly sweet, surprisingly. I'm glad we all shared. It was really rich and I don't think anyone could've finished a whole one on their own.

I freaking LOVE Shake Shack. I'd say it's one of my favorite burger joints of all time. I really wish we have one in Dallas (despite our over saturation with burger places). Even with the hordes of people, they still stay consistent with quality and flavor. Very impressive! I can't wait for my next visit!! :D

Quality of Food:




Service:




Ambiance:




Value:




Overall Experience:




~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment