CHOMP! Views

Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Life House

Last weekend I stopped by The Life House in Rockwall. A friend of mine had recommended it and I happened to be close by.

The Life House
506 N Goliad St.
Rockwall, TX 75087
(469) 264-7962
http://www.thelifehousetx.com/
Price: $

It's an old converted house. There's actually quite a bit of seating inside and free wifi! The place smelled pretty good when I walked in.

It was later in the day so they were out of most of their baked goods so I tried some of what they had left. They all looked so good. The guy behind the counter was super friendly and explained to me that they bake all their stuff in house. Everything is natural and they also do gluten free. Even the syrup they use for the drinks are natural and made in house. I love places like these!! :)

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie $2~ 

It was a thick and dense cookie and it was just out of the oven. I dug into it before I even started the car! haha. One of the best oatmeal raisin cookies I've ever had. Quite substantial too! Need to get more!

Cherry Berry Vegan Oatmeal $3~ (right) It was like a stiffer consistency of oatmeal in a cupcake liner. haha. It wasn't too sweet and had tons of oatmeal in it. I warmed it up in the microwave when I had it. It was ok... The oatmeal cookie was wayyy better!
Ambrosia Empanada (goat cheese, coconut, tropical fruit) $2~ (left) Now... I don't like goat cheese and I don't like shredded coconut, but the guy talked me into it. haha. He said they get really good goat cheese and there really isn't any coconut shreds inside. I do like the flavor of coconut so I gave it a try. It was like a homemade pop tart. hehe. Best to put it in the toaster oven before eating. The flavors were very mild so the goat cheese didn't bother me. I could sense it, but wasn't too bad. Very light sweetness, it went great with tea! My second favorite out of the bunch.

I really wanna go back and try their breakfast. And more fresh baked goods. :) And the people are so friendly!! If you are in that area, definitely go check them out and support local businesses.

Quality of Food:




Service:




Ambiance:




Value:




Overall Experience:


 

~~ CHOMP CHOMP~~

No comments:

Post a Comment