CHOMP! Views

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Society Bakery

I was in Lower Greenville earlier this week and had some time to kill, so I dropped by Society Bakery. :) I rarely go there because it's out of the way and they close by 5 or 6pm. This was a good opportunity to go!

Society Bakery
3426 B Greenville Ave.
Dallas, Texas 75206
(214) 827-1411
http://www.societybakery.com
Price: $

I've only been in there once before. But I've also seen them at an event years ago where they did a demo. And I had a few "get 1 free" coupons from that. hehe.

Everything looked delicious. And I love fall because there's pumpkin flavors everywhere!! I managed to snap a few pics before one of the ladies told me they didn't allow photos... Why not?? It wasn't like they were specially decorated or anything. But oh well... Another lady helped me with my order, she was super nice.

For my 2 free coupons I chose 2 Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Whoopie Pies.
I ate half of one there. It was so awesome! The cake part of the whoopie pie was super moist and studded with chocolate chips. A wonderful combo by the way, pumpkin and chocolate. The pumpkin cream inside was luscious. The entire thing was so pumpkin-y!!! YUM! A bit sweet, but I paired it with tea and it was perfect. Definitely helped satisfy some of my pumpkin cravings lately.

I also got the Nutella Banana Empanada $3.50~
It looked so good, and I've never tried it before. They had a pumpkin empanada but it was sold out. :( But Nutella and banana is not a bad combo! I asked them if I should heat it up before eating and they suggested popping into the oven for 10-15 minutes or so. So I waited to eat this at home and shared it with my dad. I guess I didn't leave it in the oven long enough. It wasn't as hot as I'd like. The inside was interesting. I was expecting ooey/melty nutella sauce but it wasn't. It was more like a nutella/banana fudge? It reminded me of a rich brownie almost. It was good, but I wanted the meltiness!! The whoopie pie was the clear winner!

Quality of Food:

Service:

Ambiance:

Value:

Overall Experience:


~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment