CHOMP! Views

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Maggiano's Little Italy

I went to Maggiano's for the first time in my life last week. I know right? I can't believe I've never been there either. And I don't usually write reviews about big chain restaurants.

Maggiano's Little Italy
6001 West Park Boulevard
Plano, TX 75093
(972) 781-0776
Price: $$-$$$

But I really wanted to write about this experience because our waitress was amazing. She definitely deserves to be acknowledged. We sat at the bar. We didn't make a reservation or anything so just walked in on a weeknight for some dinner.

Our waitress was Maggie (her real name is Megan). She was super friendly and just so welcoming and energetic. Everything we ask was responded by "yes, of course!" It wasn't like we had a bunch of ridiculous requests or anything, but she definitely made us feel like nothing is off the table. We can ask for anything we want and they would make it happen. She was truly a joy and made the meal spectacular. :)

And the food was great! I can't believe I've never been here before!!!!

The 3 of us shared the Marco's Meal for Two:
- Choose any Appetizer or Flatbread or 2 Side Salads.
- Choose 2 Classic Pastas
- Choose 1 Dessert
- PLUS 2 Classic Pastas to take home, compliments of the chef
All for $39.95~

How is it possible that this amazing deal exists and I never knew about it? I almost felt like I failed at life. haha. And it was sooo much food we all left the restaurant with something.

We started off with some fantastic bread. With olive oil and cracked pepper.

Caesar Salad (romaine lettuce, croutons and shaved parmesan). Pretty standard, but wasn't drenched in dressing so I liked it.

Chopped Salad (chopped iceberg lettuce, diced tomatoes, crumbled bleu cheese, avocado and crispy prosciutto; served with signature house dressing). The side salad sizes were pretty large too. I loved the prosciutto and avocado in this.

Spaghetti & Meatball (in meat sauce).
Pretty big portions here. 2 pastas was plenty for the 3 of us to share. And I was there with 2 guy friends! The meatball is ginormous. Bigger than my fist and has really good flavor. The spaghetti was cooked perfectly and the sauce was great. Not too sour like some marinaras are.

Baked Rigatoni Pomodoro (Calabrian chicken sausage, smoked mozzarella, pomodoro sauce).
Rigatoni is one of my favorite pastas. This was really good. The only thing is I wanted more melted mozzarella on top. The pasta was also cooked perfectly al dente here.

Then comes the grand finale! We saw the table next to us get this and we had to get it for ourselves. It was huge!!
Chocolate Zuccotto Cake (chocolate cake layered with sambuca chocolate mousse, iced with chocolate frosting and dusted with cocoa powder).
So impressive looking and decadent. It was AMAZING! The mousse was creamy and rich and smooth. The cake was super moist. And the ganache layer... OMG. Chocolate lovers' dream! I'd say it's in the top 3 best chocolate cakes I've had in my life. I want it for my next birthday!! haha.

We were all super stuffed. I had to take a third of the cake to go! And then we got to take 2 more pastas to go! What a crazy deal. I will be back there for sure! And I'll be sure to ask for Maggie!! :)

Quality of Food:

Service:

Ambiance:

Value:

Overall Experience:


~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment