CHOMP! Views

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Napa Trip - May 2011: Day 3

From my research before the trip, I really wanted to check out this bakery in downtown Napa. It was featured on Food Network's "Best Thing I Ever Ate" and was actually presented by Michael Chiarello. They are known for their English Muffins and it's supposed to be different than your typical english muffins.
Model Bakery
644 1st St # B
Napa, CA 94559-2611
(707) 259-1128
http://www.themodelbakery.com/

Price: $

We were heading back to San Jose but we stopped by the bakery to get some breakfast before driving back. There were lots of delicious looking pastries but I decided just to get the English Muffin. They are $2 a piece. And it's larger than your typical english muffin. When you order it, they actually cut it in half and put it in the toaster oven for you. You can get it with butter and/or jam. I got both. It was hot and toasty when I opened it up. It had a great crust on the outside. I really enjoyed it. The texture was different than regular english muffins and I liked it a lot. I wouldn't say it's one of the best things I ever ate, but I thought it was pretty good. It was hard not trying anything else...hehe.

My aunt also ordered another pastry. Think it's the Apple Butterhorn? $3~ It was pretty good...I think the middle apple part should've been bigger but overall it wasn't super sweet and the pastry was buttery. For the size, the price was really good.

----------------------------------------
Dinner: Chinese Restaurant. I didn't get the name... :(

So we were supposed to fly back to Dallas Sunday night but due to the severe weather in Dallas, our flight was cancelled and we couldn't get on another flight until Monday afternoon! Gahhh! So my aunt picked us up and we went to have more yummy Chinese food! :P

Good ol' Taiwanese food. It was pretty tasty! :)

Minced Pork on Rice
Bok Choy
Spicy Wontons
Cold Noodle with Chicken
Beef Rolls
Pig's Feet

~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment