CHOMP! Views

Monday, May 30, 2011

Bouchon Bakery Yountville

Man, there are so many great places to eat in Napa... If only we were here longer!!

After lunch at Bottega, we walked across the street to Thomas Keller's Bouchon Bakery. Since I can't really afford his other restaurants right now, I definitely wanted to check out the bakery.

Bouchon Bakery
6528 Washington Street
Yountville, California 94599
(707) 944-2253
http://www.bouchonbakery.com

Price: $

There was a pretty long line as we approached the bakery. It was a small store so the line curved around outside the door.

There's no room to sit inside the store but they had outside seating. The weather was beautiful, so it was great to sit outside. The line moved fairly fast... When I reached the doorway, I really tried to look around and make a decision so I don't hold up the line. It was sooo hard! Everything looked amazing! Pastries, breads, tarts, cookies, you name it...

Finally it was our turn to order. We ordered several things to share.

Caramel Macaron $3~ I really wanted to try a macaron. I've been to several bakeries now where they sold macarons and they're sooo expensive for the small ones. I thought this was quite reasonable compared to all those other places. It was much larger and for the size, the price was good. I've been to places where the small macarons are $3 a piece. Craziness! They said the caramel one is one of their big sellers so I went with that. I really liked it! It was crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Kinda meringue like. I really enjoyed the texture.

Chocolate Ganache Tart $6~ My cousin and I were eyeing this from the beginning. Can't go wrong with chocolate ganache with more chocolate on top! It was so pretty. It was super rich and decadent. I really wanted a glass of milk or some ice cream with it. It was really really rich....if you are a true chocolate lover, this is for you!

S'mores Cup $6~ We couldn't decide on other stuff and finally settled on the S'mores cup. It was in a cute little glass. Initially I thought it was kind of expensive for such a tiny cup. But it was pretty rich as well. The chocolate cream/mousse was rich and smooth. I really liked the little cubes of graham cracker in the middle...added a nice crunchy texture. The marshmallow on top was a little too sweet for me though. It was good that the cup was small. haha.

Business was crazy, there was a line the entire time we were there. All the items looked delicious...I wish I had time to try more. The prices were a little high, but given the quality of the products and the location it was actually not as bad as I thought it would be. I definitely recommend this place for a midday break or quick lunch. They had some sandwiches that looked really good as well. Maybe one day I'll make it to one of Thomas Keller's restaurants! :)

Quality of Food:

Service:

Cleanliness:

Value:

Overall Experience:


~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment