CHOMP! Views

Monday, June 14, 2010

BIG. FAT. (DELICIOUS). DONUTS.

I went to Austin this past weekend for my friend's bachelorette weekend. We went to Gourdough's for some late night snack.

Gourdough's
1219 South Lamar Blvd
Austin, TX 78704
(512) 607-6568
www.gourdoughs.com
Price: $

I had already looked at their website and I was excited and scared at the same time...haha. They looked absolutely SINFUL! Gourdough's works out of a trailer. It's in a lot with a few other trailers that sell other kinds of foods. The donuts are quite expensive but are pretty huge and decadent....there are sweet AND savory! They fry and make the donuts to order, so be prepared to wait at least 10-15 minutes or even more if they are busy.

We had 10 girls, but we only decided to get 3 since we were already so full and they are pretty big.

From left to right...we got: Flying Pig (bacon with maple syrup icing) $5.25~Black Out (brownie batter, fudge icing, chocolate covered brownie bites) $4.25~ Sailor Jerry (think rum cake covered with walnuts) $4.25~ Each donut is $4.25 and you have to add $1 if you get the meat ones. Pretty damn pricey....

The Flying Pig was pretty awesome. Lots of bacon, nice and crispy, the donut had a nice crispy shell as well. The sweet from the donut and maple icing with the salty bacon was such an amazing combination. OMG TASTY!!!! :D
Black Out was my favorite. It was AMAZING!!! I couldn't stop making my yummy noise as I ate it...haha. The brownie with the icing and the freshly fried donut.....I was in heaven....CHOCOLATE FRIED GOODNESS heaven!!! It had to be one of the best desserts I've EVER had!

Sailor Jerry was pretty good, but compared with the other two...it was just ok. I wish it had more rum flavor in it. Still very tasty, but its not as special and different as the other two.

I told all my friends that it was amazing, but I CANNOT ever go back....it's too dangerous for me to go back because I will want to eat EVERYTHING. hahaha. But definitely urge everyone to try it at least once and definitely get a savory AND a sweet one. But bring people to share it with! :)

Quality of Food:
Service:
Cleanliness:
Value:
Overall Experience:

~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment