CHOMP! Views

Monday, June 14, 2010

Best Cupcake in Dallas? :D

I think I've discovered the best cupcakes in Dallas...(so far...) :D

My bf and I stumbled upon this little cafe because we wanted to get some brunch but our original choice had an 1+ hour wait. I just googled for places to eat around Frisco and this came up. It sounded pretty cool.

5th Street Patio Cafe
8621 5th St # 100
Frisco, TX 75034
(972) 377-3483
http://www.5thstreetcafe.com/

Price: $

5th Street Patio Cafe is off of Main Street around downtown Frisco. It looks like a cute little renovated house. The place is pretty small but cute and quaint. It's a restaurant and bakery in one.

As soon as we walked in I saw cupcakes on display...I guess I'm gonna have to try it! The search for the best cupcake in Dallas must go on!

I ordered the Cajun Crawfish Scramble (eggs, sausage, crawfish, potatoes, with side of toast) $7.49~
This was really good. The portion size was pretty huge. (the picture shows only about 2/3 of it) There were lots of sausage and crawfish in the eggs. The potatoes were awesome! Nice crispy crust on the outside. :) The only thing I would suggest to them is to have a little bit more veggies or greens in there. Maybe some diced tomatoes or some spinach would make it even better!

My bf got the 5th Street Burger (with choice of side: slaw) $6.95~ The burger was really tall! My bf really liked it. The side of slaw definitely lighted the dish up and balanced out the giant burger.

Finally, the Red Velvet Cupcake $1.99~ I didn't know the price when we ordered it, so I went to ask the cashier and was shocked when she told me. $1.99 for a cupcake? in Dallas?? Wow...I didn't expect that at all. Most places charge at least $3...and they are usually dry and too sweet. The cupcake was nice and moist and the cream cheese icing was really good too. Plus the awesome price! This is my #1!! Hey Cupcake in Austin still my favorite...but in Dallas...this is the best one so far!!

What a great find! I will definitely be going back in the future! :D

Quality of Food:

Service:

Cleanliness:

Value:

Overall Experience:


~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment