CHOMP! Views

Friday, January 11, 2013

Caffe Bene

Finally got around to checking out the new Caffe Bene over by H-Mart in Carrollton. I was pretty excited when it opened. I actually went to one of the Caffe Bene's in Korea

Caffe Bene 
1016 W Trinity Mills Rd. 
Carrollton, TX 75006 
(212) 586-2010 
http://caffebene.com/caffe_bene/ 
Price: $ 

Walking in, it was like going into one in Korea... the decor is very consistent with what I saw in Seoul. And I really like their decor...wood furniture, mocha/brown color scheme. It's very cozy and warm. They had a display case by the register with all their waffles and honey toast options. Looks so good! You order at the counter and they give you a buzzer. When the buzzer goes off you go pick up your order at the counter. 

I love Asian thick toast desserts so I got a Banana & Walnut Honey Bread $7.45~ 
It was one of their new offerings. Kinda pricey! But it was huge! Very impressive and yummy looking. The bread had a nice crusty outside and soft on the inside. The bananas and walnuts were great on top. The only thing I wanted was more of that caramel drizzle on top. It was surprisingly not too sweet. I actually still prefer the thick toasts at Taiwanese cafes (the ones with peanut butter or other types of spreads on top) better, but this was pretty good too. 

I also got the Misugaru Latte (Homemade Multigrain drink: black sesame seed, black bean, black rice, brown rice, barley) 12oz. $3.95~ 
I've heard about this drink and it sounded really interesting. I loved it! Never had anything like this... It was creamy and frothy and earthy with all the types of rice and grains and seeds. It's hard to describe the flavor but you can definitely taste the black sesame which I love. I would totally get this again. I got a hot latte this time but next time I might try the frappe version or something! :) 

It's a cool place to hang out and chill with friends. I'll have to try one of their waffles next time too. 

Quality of Food:




Service:




Ambiance:




Value:




Overall Experience:
  



~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment