Here are some places we ate at throughout the week in London. Overall everything was good. Enjoy the pics! :)
256 Edgware Road
Paddington, London W2 1DS, UK
020 7723 7723
- Croque Italienne (grilled Granary bread sandwich filled with prosciutto ham, mozzarella and topped with sundried tomatoes, black olives and Gruyere bechamel) £6.70
Melur London - Malaysia & Indonesia Cuisine
175A Edgware Road
London W2 1ET, UK
020 7706 8083
- Kangkung Belacan (Morning Glory cooked in shrimp paste) £7.25
- Char Kuay Teow (spicy stir fried noodles with seafood and chicken) £6.80
Good bold flavors. The portions weren't very big but very tasty.
106 Brompton Road
London SW3 1JJ, UK
020 7584 1502
- Toasties: Chicken & Chipotle Salsa
- Wrap: Peking Duck
- Smokey Bacon & Lentil Soup £2.95 (Sm)
Fast lunch (fairly cheaper). There are similar sandwich shops/bakeries all around town.
Indi-Go: Street Food of India
Westfield Stratford City
London, E20 1EJ, UK
- Chicken Korma £7.95
- Regular Naan £2.50
Didn't have time to really have Indian food so I had it at the mall! haha. It was still very good. Although for food court food, it was very expensive. The curry doesn't even come with rice or naan!! Had to buy that separately... :(
Le Pain Quotidien
The Piazza, Covent Garden
London WC2E 8RF, UK
020 7486 6154
- Organic Soup of the Day: Corn and Butternut Squash (served with organic bread) Bowl £5.60
- Smoked Chicken, Mozzarella di Bufala & Red Peppers Toasted Tartine (with a mixed leaf salad) £11.50
Covent Garden is a cool area. Lots of outdoor seating and people watching. On the weekends they also have lots of booths and vendors in the common area selling food and other stuff. :)
Soft Whipped Ice Cream (with Flake) Medium £1.80
This was across the street from Charing Cross Station. Had to have my ice cream of course. The guy at the stand said I won't get anything better than his. I don't know about that since this was the only time I got soft serve. But it was pretty damn creamy and awesome.
We also ate at Olympic Park while there for Men's Basketball.
- British Banger in a Roll £5.50
- Waffle, Banana & Toffee Sauce £4.90
Both were good. Loved the spicy mustard on the banger. The toffee on the waffle was awesome.
Wimbledon for the Tennis finals.
- Cornish Pasty: Chicken and Vegetable. It was like a handheld chicken pot pie. Really good!!!
- Mushroom Medley Pizza £7.50 Looks better than it tasted.
- Strawberry & Cream £2.50?
I read this was a staple at Wimbledon so I had to try it. Basically strawberries in like whole milk almost. The cream was more like thick milk and wasn't sweet. You sprinkle sugar on it yourself. I didn't sprinkle enough. But still surprisingly good.
~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~