CHOMP! Views

Monday, August 23, 2010

Cafe Tampopo - Plano

Cafe Tampopo
101 W Spring Creek Pkwy
Plano, TX 75023
(469) 229-0103
Price: $

My bf and I went to check out Cafe Tampopo last night. The new location on Spring Creek and 75 in front of the new 99 Ranch. I think it also has another location in lower Greenville.

It's a small place. Walking in I assumed it was order at the counter, but they actually sit you down and take your order at the table. The decor is simple and clean, nice zen colors. I thought it was really nice.

My bf ordered the dinner special combo: Beef Udon + Spicy Salmon Roll $9.50~ The udon was pretty sizable with lots of beef slices in it. The udon was cooked nicely and the broth was full of flavor. Not too shabby! :) The sushi was ok at best. The rice was too mushy and I felt like they didn't use real sushi rice but regular rice instead. The spicy salmon itself had a nice kick to it, but I didn't feel like it was super fresh.

I ordered the Tonkatsu "fried pork cutlet" Bento Box (with tempura vegetables, california roll, and orange wedges) $8.95~ I love tonkatsu, so I feel the need to try it at every new Japanese restaurant. The bento box was a good size. It also came with a miso soup, which was quite good. The tonkatsu was pretty yummy. It was fried nicely and the meat wasn't too dry. Could've been a little fattier, but that's just my personal preference. The tempura vegetables were fried nicely, I enjoyed those as well. The california roll was ok, same issue with the rice as the spicy salmon. On the whole, it was a good choice.

Overall, the food was surprisingly good. I would definitely go back again but probably not for the sushi. OH...did I mention? It's also BYOB so next time I'll probably take some friends with me! :)

Quality of Food:

Service:

Cleanliness:

Value:

Overall Experience:


~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment