CHOMP! Views

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Caribbean Cafe - Frisco

Went to dinner with some friends this past weekend. I was looking for some place to try by Stonebriar Mall area since we were gonna go watch a movie there later. I came across Caribbean Cafe while searching on google. I love Latin food so decided to give this a try.

Caribbean Cafe
3401 Preston Road
Frisco, TX 75034
(972) 668-9734
www.caribbeancafecuba.com
Price: $$

This place is tinyyyy. Luckily they had one large table for my group available. I think this place is fairly new, since they say they are still waiting on their liquor license. So at the moment they are BYOB!! There's another location in Carrollton.

The waitress was very friendly, but overall the service was very slow. She was the only one working. She gave us some bread after we ordered....we didn't realize the bread was very important since we didn't get our food for at least another 30 minutes!!

I wasn't too hungry so I shared with my bf. We asked the waitress for recommendations and decided on the Puerco Asado (roasted pork) $12.99~ All of their entrees come with grilled plantains, beans and rice. The pork was nice and tender with good flavor. I wish the flavor was a bit more bold, but I was still happy with it. The black beans mixed really well with the rice and the plantains were sweet and yummy. I enjoyed this dish a lot.

Another friend of mine ordered the Vaca Frita (fried shredded beef with garlic, onions, and citrus juices) $13.99~ And she substituted the plantains with yucca fries. The shredded beef was lightly fried which gave it a slightly crispy texture. It was very good. The yucca fries were awesome. Crispy on the outside and soft and pillowy on the inside. Probably one of the best yucca fries I've had so far. And it tasted great dipped in the black beans!

I didn't try much else except the Papa Rellena (potato filled with ground beef and fried) $2.99~ It looked like a giant crispy egg thing. The exterior was sooo nice and crispy and inside was like soft mashed potatoes and then ground beef in the center. It was pretty awesome. I would recommend this.

So dinner ended up taking FOREVER...since it took a longggg time for the food to come out, and then it took a longggg time for us to get our checks. Even after we told her we needed to get our checks first because we had to leave.... We got to the theater 5 minutes before the showing and it was sold out. DAHHHH! I'm definitely gonna dock points for slowness..

Overall, the food was pretty great. If you have a couple hours to spend, I would recommend this place. Don't go if you are in a hurry. haha.

Quality of Food:
Service:
Cleanliness:
Value:
Overall Experience:

~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment