CHOMP! Views

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Mmmmmm Naan!!

As you know, I’ve recently rediscovered Indian food! Never liked it in the past, but now I think it’s super tasty. I can eat the naan bread ALL day!

Rice1Roll
2411 Coit Road
Plano, TX 75075
(469) 467-9525
http://www.rice1roll.com/
Price: $

So I was totally craving naan one day… I called up a friend and my sister to go try this little place, Rice 1 Roll, in Plano on Coit and Park. I’ve heard good things about this place…apparently people who really like Indian food usually go here. I took that as a good sign that it will be pretty good. It’s a really small place, not very well decorated, and limited seating. They have a pastry display case because it is also a bakery, and you order and pay at the counter before they bring the food to your table.

Since I’m new with Indian food, I played it pretty safe. I ordered the Tandoori Chicken (marinated, slow roasted chicken). $6.95~ It comes with either basmati rice or naan. I picked the rice and ordered a side of Tandoori Naan. $1.50~ It was quite a bit of food. The chicken was really flavorful, but some of the pieces were a little dry. Also, it was a dry dish… I wanted something with more sauce (better to eat the rice and naan with). Oh well, I didn’t know that it had no sauce…I learn something new everyday! Haha.

My friend ordered the Malai Saag (boneless chicken cooked in creamy spinach sauce) with naan. $6.95~

This dish was SUPER tasty. It was flavorful, creamy, and soooo good to dip the naan in. It was like an Indian version of a creamed spinach dip! YUM! I’ll have to order this again sometime. The naan was also really good. It was different than the naan we got at Chaat Café. This one was thinner and had a nice crisp to parts of it.

My sister ordered the Lamb Vindaloo (cooked with vinegar and potatoes in a spicy sauce) again, as she did at Chaat Café. $7.95~ (sorries...forgot to take a picture... T_T) The lamb was really tender and the sauce had a lot of flavor. Once again, the sauce was really good for dipping the naan in. She said that this place was much more authentic than Chaat Café. Her old roommate’s mom used to cook this dish and the one from Rice 1 Roll was pretty close to that.

We noticed that most of the customers coming in were Indian, as opposed to Chaat Café, where the majority of customers were Caucasians and non-Indians. So if you like Indian food, this place is definitely worth trying out. Just don’t expect any spectacular service or ambiance…

Quality of Food:

Service:

Cleanliness:

Value:

Overall experience:



~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment