CHOMP! Views

Friday, March 6, 2009

L2E Meeting! Spring Rolls, anyone? :)

It was time for another L2E meeting with my SUPER AWESOME coworkers! hehe. This time I took them to a little Vietnamese place called La Me. It’s located on Walnut and Audelia in the same shopping center as Hong Kong Supermarket. I think this place has one of the best spring rolls in Dallas.

La Me
9780 Walnut St., #140
Dallas, TX 75243
(972) 669-8515
http://www.la-me.net/
Price: $

It’s a cute little restaurant, with a French inspired décor. They have a pretty good selection on their menu as well. One complaint is that the wait staff doesn’t speak English very well, so I would go in there with a good idea of what to order without asking too many questions… But Vietnamese food is pretty standard all around and their menu has descriptions of each dish to give you an idea of what’s in everything.

Since I LOVEEE their spring rolls, I ordered 3 Grilled Pork Spring Rolls for myself. $4~ The spring rolls are pretty big, 3 is plenty to fill me up. My coworkers ordered 3 Shrimp Spring Rolls to share. $4~ Of course the spring rolls come with peanut sauce!! Add a ton of Sriracha and you are good to go! YUMMM! :D The spring rolls were light and fresh, and the pork added just enough meatiness to satisfy your hunger without making you feel heavy.














One of my coworkers, we'll call her "K" from now on...ordered the Chicken Noodle Soup with Pork and Egg. $5.95~

The portions at La Me are HUGE! The bowls can be a small sink or something! O.o The soup was light but flavorful, and the 2 different types of eggs in the broth added different textures to the dish. All the noodle soups come with a plate of fresh veggies and herbs, so you can add your own bean sprouts, basil, etc. to the dish. I’ve never had this noodle soup before…I usually just order Pho (beef noodle soup). I liked it a lot. It was a nice change to the normal beef pho.

Another coworker, we'll call him "J", ordered the Grilled Chicken Vermicelli. $5.95~ This is a dry noodle dish with grilled chicken and fresh vegetables over it. It comes with a side of fish sauce that you mix in to add more flavor. Personally I’m not a big fan of the dry vermicelli, I’ve always preferred the soupy noodles more. I’m not saying that the dish wasn’t good…La Me makes a good Vermicelli…which also comes in the super large bowl. My coworker ate EVERYTHING…I think that’s a sign that he liked it. Haha. :P

If you are ever in that area, I would recommend this place…especially if you like spring rolls. I prefer La Me much more than the gigantic Bistro B, which is just across the parking lot. It doesn’t have the extensive menu like Bistro, but the quality and flavor is much better.

Quality of Food:

Service:

Cleanliness:

Value:

Overall experience:


~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment