CHOMP! Views

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Craving Thai food ~

I was craving Thai food one night, so I looked up different places on Google maps and came across Thai Pan in Allen (on McDermott and Alma). Never heard of it…but hey, why not! Haha. :P

Thai Pan
1223 West McDermott Dr.
Allen, TX 75013
(972) 747-0057
http://www.thaipanallen.com/
Price: $

Usually I find the food at different Thai restaurants to be pretty similar in flavor, quality and prices. However, I think that Asian Mint (on 75 and Forest) has the best Pad Thai, and I use it to compare to all the other Pad Thais in other restaurants. Asian Mint is on the more expensive side of Thai food places though.

I pretty much already knew what I wanted to order. Gotta try the staple dishes at a new Thai place! While waiting for our order, they gave us a plate of shrimp chips. :) They were in a cute little dish. I used to LOVE these as a kid! They stick to your tongue and lips as you are eating it…it’s a funny feeling…definitely worth experiencing…hehe.

We ordered the Pad Thai (rice noodles stir-fried with chicken, bean sprouts, fresh green onion and crushed roasted peanuts). $7.45~ This price for dinner is fairly cheap for Thai food. The flavors were all there, and overall it was pretty good. It had plenty of ‘stuff’ in the noodles (chicken, bean sprouts, etc…), unlike some places that give you mostly noodles. Slightly sweeter than I would like it, but not as bad as some other places I’ve been. I would have to say that Asian Mint is still number 1 though.

We also got the Pad Kee Mow (spicy, stir-fried wide rice noodles with Thai peppers, basil leaves, tomatoes, yellow onion on a bed of mixed vegetable with chicken). $7.75~ I liked this dish. They did it differently than other Thai restaurants because they put in ingredients that normally don’t go into a Pad Kee Mow, like mushrooms. I LURV mushrooms so that was a big plus to the dish. The flavor was also slightly different than other Pad Kee Mows I’ve had in the past. So it makes me think that it’s not quite as authentic as some other places, but it tasted good, so I’m not complainin’. Hehe.

All in all, it was a good dinner. We had enough leftovers to have another meal! If I’m ever in that area again, I might go back…but I wouldn’t specifically make a trip out there.

Quality of Food:

Service:

Cleanliness:

Value:

Overall experience:

~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment