CHOMP! Views

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Good Good Restaurant~

I was really craving pasta last weekend…I don’t eat Italian food very often because it’s usually a lot of carbs and cheese and cream. I mean, I loveeee those things, but it’s hard to eat that all the time while trying to maintain my weight. :(

Bene Bene Ristorante
4727 Frankford Road # 409
Dallas, TX 75287
(972) 267-2363
http://www.benebeneristorante.com/
Price: $$

I had a $25 gift certificate to Bene Bene Ristorante, a new Italian restaurant on Frankford and Tollway. It was a very sophisticated and classy little restaurant…a bit fancier than I had imagined. It’s a good place to go for a date or a quiet meal, but still good to take family there.

The prices were also a little higher than I had expected. Good thing I had that gift certificate!! :P

We started off with salads. I got the Insalata di Campo (mixed leaf lettuce with Italian vinaigrette), basically the house salad. $5.95~ It was fresh and light, just what I wanted to start my meal. My friend ordered the Special of the Day Salad (cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and avocado slices tossed with a vinaigrette with basil, olives, and croutons). $11.95~ Since this was the special, we didn’t know the price. A LOT more expensive than I expected. At this price, I would expect the portions as a meal, not a starter. Nevertheless, it was very good. It was fresh, with creamy mozzarella, and the avocado added a nice touch.

For the main course, my friend ordered the Fettuccine Alfredo (with classic alfredo sauce). $12.95~ The portions here are smaller than normal, however, I think it’s good that they don’t give you a gigantic plate of food. It was just enough because Italian food can be quite heavy. This was really good! They hand made the pasta, and you can really taste the difference! You can tell by the texture and the freshness of the pasta.

I asked the waiter for a suggestion and he recommended the Rigatoni Ruspanti (chicken, Portobello and asparagus in a light cream sauce), which is one of their most popular pastas. $15.95~ The pasta was cooked just right. I hate it when restaurants overcook the pasta and it becomes too soft. The cream sauce wasn’t too heavy or greasy, and there were plenty of ingredients in the pasta…big chunks of chicken that you can actually see and generous slices of mushrooms and asparagus. Mmm Mmm GOOD!

They didn’t have a physical dessert menu so we weren’t very intrigued by their dessert offerings. Somehow seeing the desserts written out on a menu or a dessert tray makes me want to have it more. Haha.

Quality of Food:

Service:

Cleanliness:

Value:

Overall experience:


So we went to Braum’s to get some ice cream instead. It was such a good deal!! I got the double dip cone (which was on special) with cookies n cream and cake batter, and he got a banana split. Soooo much ice cream for only 5 bucks!! That was a great way to end the night! :)










~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment