CHOMP! Views

Monday, February 24, 2014

East Hampton Sandwich Co. - Shops at Legacy

Last week I met up with a friend from out of town for dinner. I suggested East Hampton Sandwich Co. in Shops at Legacy since I've been wanting to go there since they opened! I've wanted to go check out the other location in North Dallas but never got the chance. Now it's so close to where I live, I really don't have any excuse why I still haven't been yet!! XD

It was a Wednesday night, the place was pretty dead. I really hope they have more business during the day and weekends or something. Hate to see that spot be replaced again...

East Hampton Sandwich Co.
7300 Lone Star Dr. Ste C128
Plano, TX 75024
(469) 467-1810
http://ehsandwich.com/locations/shops-at-legacy
Price: $$

I liked their decor. It's bright and clean with the feel of being in the Hamptons (hence the name.. duh!) haha. It's casual but still nice.

I was waiting for my friend so I asked if I could get a sample of their Spicy Corn Chowder. It was pretty tasty and has a kick to it too! But I wanted something else so I'll have to get the corn chowder next time.

You order at the counter and they bring the food out to your table. It's also get your own drinks and silverware style restaurant too. Very casual.

I got the Lobster Roll (knuckle and claw meat, chives, split lobster tail, microgreens, butter drizzle; served with homemade potato chips) $16~ 
There's not that many places to get lobster rolls in Dallas, I don't think. But whenever I do hear about it, EHS is always mentioned. I've heard it's fantastic. That means I've got to try it for myself. A little pricey fora casual weeknight dinner, but this is pretty normal price for a lobster roll. I asked to sub the homemade chips for slaw. But they messed up and gave me chips anyways. Oh well! :P The lobster roll was pretty and looked so yummy. There were plenty of lobster meat on a perfectly soft and buttery roll. I liked it a lot. It wasn't heavy either. I liked that they put the butter drizzle on the side. You don't even need it. The flavors were light so you can actually taste the freshness in the lobster. It was very good. Rivals the one I had in NYC last year and beats the one I had in Boston a few years back. I'm glad I got the chips too cuz they were so addicting. Neither one of cuz could stop eating it. They were thick cut so had a really nice crunch. Good job EHS, you've lived up to the hype!

Hampton Style Slaw (cabbage blend,lemon vinaigrette, sea salt, pepper) $3~ The slaw was normal. It wasn't doused in mayo which was nice, felt healthy.

My friend started with the Golden Pear + Pancetta (spring mix, roasted pear, chopped pancetta, basil, bleu cheese crumble, champagne vinaigrette) $9~ 
It was a decently sized salad. And there were tons of chunky pancetta on top. However, the pancetta was too hard and very salty. It was ok eaten with the greens though. Just a normal salad, nothing to write home about.

She also got the Fried Chicken + Jack (Southern fried chicken, pepper jack, greens, cured bacon, avocado mash, jalapeno cream sauce; served with homemade potato chips) $10~ 
 
Other than the lobster roll, this was probably the most reviewed item here. It looked really good and I'm glad I got a few bites. TWO layers of fried chicken. TWO! Nice! They were well fried and had good flavor. I loved the avocado mash that brought everything together. It was a rich and delicious sandwich. Will definitely fill you up! I think overall I liked this better than the lobster roll! I'm a sucker for fried foods... The texture of the bread was also very good. Crispy chicken, creamy avocado, and soft bread. Mmmmm Mmmmm goooood!

Delicious food and good quality too. I can say it's pricey, but the quality backs it up. Will definitely go back in the future. And everyone should go so they get more business!!

Quality of Food:




Service:




Ambiance:




Value:




Overall Experience:




~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment