CHOMP! Views

Friday, December 20, 2013

Brunch at Bin 303

Icepocalpse weekend (in Dallas) was fun for awhile, being able to work from home and all. But I get cabin fever sooo easily. I wanted to go out by Friday! haha. We got out a little on Saturday but it was way too cold. So Sunday we went for brunch! We've been trying to go for brunch at Bin 303 for a while now. They only have brunch every 2nd and last Sunday of the month and it never seems to jive with our schedule. The ice freeze gave us a chance to finally go and also get out of the house!

Bin 303
105 Olive St, Rockwall, TX 75087
(972) 771-5303
http://www.bin303.com/
Price: $$
 
We made a reservation but didn't seem like we needed it. They were still busy but not super packed.

My bf got the Brioche French Toast (with bacon and fresh fruit salad) $9~ 
I personally think brioche and challah are the best breads for French toast. This was really good. The toast was pillowy. I wished there was a crispy crust on the outside though. It looked like the toasts were dredged in powdered sugar... don't see them presented like that often. Ain't got nothing wrong with that. haha.

The Church & Home Fried Chicken (with garlic jalapeno cheese grits, southern gravy and potato hash) $15~ 
Since my bf got the french toast, I got something savory. The fried chicken was MASSIVE! I was kind of expecting bone in chicken but this chicken breast was super moist and tender. I loved the batter and crisp on the outside. Had lots of flavor and spices. The jalapeno cheese grits didn't just have a small kick either. It was spicy! It paired well with the potato hash. The gravy was pretty standard, but complimented everything well. Not what I expected, but delicious.

It was a good brunch. And it was nice to get out! Next time when our schedule complies, we'll have to go again. :)

Quality of Food:




Service:




Ambiance:





Value:




Overall Experience:




~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment