CHOMP! Views

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Boston Chowda Co. - Quincy Market

When in Boston, everyone says to have a lobster roll. So we went to go get some for lunch one day. I'm not a fan of cooked lobster in general (love me some lobster sashimi though) but again, it's something everyone says I need to try.

Boston Chowda Co. - Quincy Market
1 Faneuil Hall Market Pl
Boston, MA 02109
(617) 742-4441
http://www.bostonchowda.com/
 Price: $-$$

We were just walking around and doing some sight seeing so we went to Quincy Market in Faneuil Hall. It's a pretty cool area and I liked all the food counters. The place was packed!! It was hard to walk through the place and we really lucked out with getting a place to sit...

Daily Special (Maine Lobster Roll, any small chowder or soup, a small fountain drink) $18.49~

We got the New England Clam Chowder of course. Their chowder is apparently voted "Boston's Best" (tender sweet surf clams, fresh cream, clam stock, Idaho potatoes). It was a disappointment. The chowder was good, but definitely not the best I've ever had. No comparison to the one I had in San Francisco at the Fisherman's Wharf. It doesn't even compare to Rockfish here in Dallas... And the lobster roll? Bleh. They were all pre-made which was already a turn off for me.
Plus the lobster was shredded instead of chunks. I know it's supposed to be fresh but seemed artificial to me too. There wasn't enough sauce so it was kind of dry. And the ratio of lobster to the bread was too small. I had one bite and that was it. I know we probably should've gone to a restaurant and paid a lot more money to get a lobster roll, but it really shouldn't be THAT much of a difference right??

Small Salad Combo (small Caesar salad with choice of chowder or soup) $6.79~
We chose the Rockport Lobster Bisque. The salad was pretty standard premade salad. The bisque wasn't that great. It had nothing in it, and could've been a little thicker.
 

Quality of Food:

Service:

Ambiance:

Value:

Overall Experience:


~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment