CHOMP! Views

Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Beehive - Boston

The last day in Boston, we met up with some friends that live there for brunch. I picked The Beehive, there was no discussion there for the location. haha. That is the only place I really wanted to revisit since my first visit a few years ago. It's a cool place and they have some pretty great food. AND I saw their head chef compete (and WIN) on an episode of Chopped! :)

The Beehive
541 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02116
(617) 423-0069
http://www.beehiveboston.com/
Price: $$

They serve kind of a "Bohemian bistro cuisine". The decor is very eclectic. And they have live jazz during the weekend brunches.

I've dreamed of their French Toast ever since I had it the first time. It is by far the best French Toast I've ever had. And I've hyped it up so much I was afraid my friends wouldn't like it. haha.

I remember their French Toast was massive so I decided to try something else and order a small version of the French Toast. Spinach, Kale, Onion & Swiss Omelette, Mixed Salad & Frites $14.50~
I had forgotten that their portions were massive all around. It was huge plate! But surprisingly I finished almost all of it. :P The omlette was massive, but fluffy. I liked all the spinach and kale inside. I would've preferred a sharper cheese though. The swiss was a bit mild...it needed a bit more cheesy flavor. The salad on the side was nice and refreshing. And I had forgotten how awesome their frites were. It's like chips, it's like steak fries, the best of both. Sooo crisp on the outside but yet still has the potato satisfaction of a thick cut fry.

I also got a Kiddie French Toast $5~ on the side.
This could've been a meal on it's own! It was still pretty big. AND just as amazing as the first time I had it. The bread was thick and fluffy and just the right amount of crispness on the outside. The whipped topping added a hint of extra sweetness. OMG AMAZING! My friends tried it and totally agreed that it's the best they've ever had. YAY!

My cousin got the Basket of Beignets $9~
It was different than beignets you'd get in New Orleans but it was still very good. The outside was nice and crispy and inside was hot and fluffy. A little denser than your typical beignets. I enjoyed it a lot.

Many people in the group opted for the Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict (with frites) $14~
Again, the frites were awesome. The eggs benedict was good overall, but they all said the salmon was quite fishy... I would have to agree so that was a bummer. Another friend got the Ham Eggs Benedict and I thought that was much better. I really liked the hollandaise particularly. It was slightly different tasting than some I've had in the past. It had a hint of sweetness? I don't know, but it was yummy.

Needless to say, we were all super stuffed after that. It was a great meal to end the trip. And I was happy to actually introduce this place to my friends who LIVE in Boston and have never been! hehe.

Also, as a huge fan of anything Food Network related. I asked if the Executive Chef, Rebecca Newell, was there. She came out and greeted the table and I asked her about her experience on Chopped! How cool was that?! And I know for a fact she makes some spectacular food. Definitely go for brunch here. And get the French Toast!!

Quality of Food:

Service:

Ambiance:

Value:

Overall Experience:


~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

1 comment: