CHOMP! Views

Friday, October 30, 2009

Birthday @ Rise~

A friend of mine was celebrating her birthday the other night. We went to Rise No.1. We got to sit in the special table. :) It's such a cozy little restaurant...perfect for a special occasion.

I wasn't feeling too well so I wanted some soup. I ordered the Soupe a L'Oignon Gratinee (French Onion Soup) $7~ to start.
It looked delicious! There was a thick layer of cheese over a baguette baked over the soup. I'm not sure if I didn't have my full taste buds, but I felt the soup was just ok. It had a nice sweetness from the onions and the cheese was tasty but it seemed to be missing something. The flavors were very 1 dimensional...

Next I ordered the Creamed Spinach Souffle $14~ Always wanna try something new! :) The souffle was really good and green color was very pretty. The flavors were quite light, not too creamy. It could've used some meat in there but I was pleased with this selection.

For dessert I finally got to try the Chocolate Souffle $10~ It looked so amazing when they poured the chocolate sauce on top of it. YUM! However, the actual souffle wasn't chocolatey enough for me. I had to pour more sauce into the souffle. I think the chocolate souffle at Mercury Grill and of course the Chocolate Souffle Cake at Roy's are much better. I recommend the Grand Marnier Souffle instead.

They had a special dish of the night...Lobster Souffle $33~ I didn't get to try it, but it looked funny when it was served. hehe. Other people said it was delicious though~

Quality of Food:
Service:
Cleanliness:
Value:
Overall Experience:

~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment