CHOMP! Views

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Koung Thai

Last Friday we went for dinner at Koung Thai in Rockwall. It's my bf's favorite Thai place and he LOVES their Thai tea. He's taken me there once before but we got the food to-go.

Koung Thai 
2006 S. Goliad St. #218 
Rockwall, TX 75087 
(972) 722-1761 
http://www.koungthairestaurant.com/ 
Price: $$ 

I wasn't planning on blogging about this so I only took a picture of my own dish. But it was so yummy I decided to write about it anyways. :P The place was pretty packed. I think a lot of people there are regulars (like my bf) because the waiter seemed to know them and was very friendly and casual with everyone. He also made the rounds to each table pretty frequently. With such a small staff, I was impressed with the service. 

I wanted to try something new... I always seem to get the same 4 dishes when I have Thai food so this time I ordered something else! The waiter said it was a very good choice! 

Pad Woon Sen (stir fried glass noodle with egg, fresh mushroom, carrot, baby corn, snow pea pod, scallion, chinese cabbage, woodear mushroom) Tofu & Vegetable $9.95~ 
I asked for no carrots (since I don't like them) and they accommodated without question. :) It looked delicious and tasted great! I'd say I've got a new favorite Thai dish! I ordered it at a level 2 spicy. They have 1-5 (5 being the spiciest). Normally I can eat pretty spicy but their spice level is LEGIT! Be careful here!! Level 2 was perfect. Just enough spicy without killing my tongue. I think 3 would've been ok, but pushing it. The tofu had great texture. There were lots of veggies and flavors were bold. Totally enjoyed it. 

The bf's food was good too, as was the Thai tea. hehe. This is in my top 5 best Thai places in the Dallas area now. Needless to say, we'll be back. Maybe I'll venture out and try something else new next time. :) 

Quality of Food:




Service:




Ambiance:




Value:




Overall Experience:




~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment