CHOMP! Views

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Maple & Motor

Oh man... it's been so long since my last post. I apologize!! But things have been super hectic lately with work and school. :( 

In the past month I got to go check out Maple & Motor. I've been wanting to try it for a while since a lot of people have told me that their burgers are pretty awesome. I've also heard that it's a small place and gets super crowded so my friend and I decided to go at 4pm one random weekday. 

Maple & Motor
4810 Maple Ave 
Dallas, TX 75219
(214) 522-4400
Price: $


The place was actually bigger than I expected after hearing about it. haha. I thought it was going to be one of those standing room only places. It's a very casual place, lots of funny sayings and signs up on the walls. You order at the counter and they bring the food out to you. 

My friend was the one that decided to go so I was just tagging along. I didn't really order anything for myself. He got a Burger (half-pound ground American beef flat grilled; dressed in traditional Texas fashion with mustard, lettuce, red onion, tomato, dill pickle; served on a toasted bun) $5.85~ 
It's a pretty good burger. The ingredients were fresh but quite messy. The bottom bun didn't hold up very well and it fell apart after a while. Eh.. I've had better for sure. 

French Fries $1.95~ 
I loved the fries. It was a bit oversalted, but who doesn't love salty fries?!? haha. They fried it perfectly. It was really hard not to eat all of it... 

Gobs (homemade whipped buttercream stuffed between chocolatey cakes of goodness) $1.50~ 
This was totally an impulse buy since it was next to the register. Looked like their riff on a whoopie pie...sounded delicious. It was ok. I prefer the regular whoopie pies. The cake part was a bit dry. 

I'm glad I finally got to check this out for myself, but wasn't impressed at all. It's pretty average all around. Definitely not worth driving out of my way to get it. But if you are in the area, it's not bad. 

Quality of Food:




Service:




Ambiance:




Value:




Overall Experience:




~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment