CHOMP! Views

Monday, April 13, 2009

Birthday Bonus~

I’m on a lot of mailing lists for restaurants around town, so around my birthday my mail box was bombarded by different coupons, offers, and free stuff. One of those offers was a free entrée at Houlihan’s in Addison. Heck yea!!! Who am I to pass up free food!! Hehe. :P

My friend and I went for dinner last week. Before ordering I told the waiter about the coupon and he said “you can order anything you want!” SWEEEET!!! After asking for his recommendations on the various steaks, I decided on the USDA Prime Top Sirloin (9 oz. sirloin tender aged and basted with red wine garlic butter, choice of potato, and asparagus). $18.25~ and added 5 grilled jumbo shrimp for $5.95. Why not? It’s all included! :P

I got the steak medium rare of course (the only way to eat a steak!) with mashed potatoes and asparagus. The steak was full of flavor. It was slightly more medium than medium rare but that wasn’t too big of a deal. The grilled shrimp was delicious and quite big. The dish as a whole was pretty good. Plus it was free so I have no complaints. Haha. Although if you are craving steaks, I would recommend you go to an actual steakhouse instead of Houlihan’s.

My friend got the Vietnamese Shrimp Salad (pea greens, cucumbers, mango, mint, wasabi peas, sweet and sour dressing) (can substitute with seared tuna). $12.95~ He got it without the mango and with the tuna instead of shrimp. This dish is marked as a “lower-calorie” option... I can see why.
It was very light and fresh, but also very small… If you are hungry, this wouldn’t satisfy you. The flavor was really good…nothing was overpowering (I was a little worried that the mint would be too much). It’s a good dish, but for 13 bucks I would want to eat something more filling.


We also got dessert. They recently started offering Italian-Style Donut Flight (cinnamon, nutmeg, dark chocolate Kahlua and white chocolate Bailey’s dipping sauces). $5.95~ I’ve been meaning to try it for awhile. It was SUPER good! The donuts were crispy on the outside and light, warm, fluffy on the inside. The donuts had a bit of cinnamon sugar in it so it was good on its own, but the sauces, especially the chocolate one were divine!! The chocolate kahlua ganache was sooooooooo yummy. After all the donuts were gone, I licked the glass clean! No joke! :P The white chocolate sauce was a little bit more runny in its consistency…more like a glaze than the kahlua one. If you are a chocolate lover, you MUST try this!!!!

Quality of Food:

Service:

Cleanliness:

Value (with the coupon):

Overall Experience:


**I do have to add a side note. After dinner we went to the bar area for the reverse happy hour. When we were ready to pay we told the waitress to split the bill 4 ways (since there were 4 of us) and put 1 on the first 2 cards and 2 on the 3rd card. She said "ok". I made a joke that she's going to put $2 on the 3rd card...and sure enough...that's what she did. We laughed hysterically. We didn't make it sound confusing or anything so I can't believe she actually did that! This was a different girl than our waiter during dinner (so it's not counted in the above ratings). But I'd give her a 2 for overall service....**

~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment