CHOMP! Views

Thursday, June 18, 2015

NYC: Shake Shack

Every time I go to NYC, I have to have Shake Shack. It's a MUST. It is absolutely amazing and you totally have to go. And now there's one in Austin, TX and we're getting one in Dallas next year!! I'M SO PSYCHED!!! 

Their burgers are so freaking good. It's not gourmet with all the added frills and thrills but it's a solid, legit burger. The quality of the ingredients, the flavor, the way the buns hold up to all the inside components. Mmmmmmm!!! I'm drooling as I'm writing this. I miss it. I want one right now! 

I planned to hit up Shake Shack our first day there. He's never had it before. So if he likes it, then we'll have time to get it at least once more before leaving. And why wouldn't he love it?? Everyone does. He was skeptical of the hype, just like I was before I tried it. But after the first bite, he loved it just as much as I do! :P 

We went to 2 locations. 
First is at: 
Shake Shack
154 E 86th St. 
New York, NY 10028
(646) 237-5036 
www.shakeshack.com
Price: $ 

2nd one was inside Grand Central Terminal in the downstairs food court (which you should check out anyways cuz there's lots of good stuff there.) 

Here's how it works... You (usually stand in line), then order at the counter, then find a table. They give you a buzzer to pick up your order when it's ready. There's always a line, but it usually moves quickly. One word of caution... their bathrooms are not the nicest, and bathrooms in NYC are pretty limited. XP 

First time: 

He got the Shack Burger (cheeseburger topped with lettuce, tomato and Shack Sauce) Single $5.19~ 
Loved it! Just a simple, yet amazing, burger. All the ratios are properly done from amount of meat to bun to sauce. Every bite is awesome. 

I got the 'Shroom Burger (crisp-fried portobello mushroom filled with melted muenster and cheddar cheeses, topped with lettuce, tomato and Shack sauce) $6.99~ 
 
This is vegetarian. My personal favorite. I never get the other ones because this one is just so great. Cheese, stuffed inside a portabello and then fried?? As I bite into it, the cheese oozes out. YUMMERS~ 

Crinkle Cut Fries $2.95~ 
Their fries are so good! A wonderful pairing to any of the burgers. And everything is made to order so they are all as fresh and hot as can be. 

Black & White Concrete (vanilla and chocolate ice cream with brownie bites and cookie dough) $3.50~ 
I got a concrete last visit to Shake Shack, but I guess I forgot which one we got... cuz this wasn't it. It was still good though. The concrete is pretty rich. And I ended up eating most of this because he didn't care for the chocolate side. FULL!! 

Second time: 
Grand Central Terminal 
All 3 of us got a Shack Burger (cheeseburger topped with lettuce, tomato and Shack Sauce) Single $5.19~ I figured I had the 'Shroom already so I should get the regular burger. Sooooo tasty. But the 'Shroom is still my fav. 
 

He also got a Root Beer Float. The first time we went my friend said her go to combo is always Shack Burger, fries, and a root beer float. And my fiance loved that combo, so decided to get one for himself this time. It DOES pair wonderfully. 

We had been eating non-stop for 3 days now, so we didn't get any fries. Although, after I finished my burger, I actually contemplated getting another. They are THAT good. Oh man... I miss it so. I really hope the one in Dallas will be just as good. I CANNOT WAIT! :D 

Quality of Food:




Service:




Ambiance:




Value:




Overall Experience:





~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

1 comment: