CHOMP! Views

Wednesday, July 3, 2019

MAY: A Compilation

Sorry I missed posting in June, everyone. It's been a hectic yet fruitful month! I was too busy with job applications and interviews and round 2 interviews AND.... not one job offer, but TWO! Woohoo. That's right, this girl got herself a new job. I start Monday!

Also... I have to say that May was not an impressive month. Bummer. There wasn't a particular place that blew me away so I wasn't too enthusiastic in writing about any specific place. But I promised myself, and you, that I would post once a month so I'm still going to do a May post!

Here are 5 of my favorite bites, or sips, in May. (In no particular order.)

One of my favorite little shops in Bishop Arts District, Serve! Everything there is good but they recently introduced me to the Blackberry Almond Latte. Not only is it beautiful, it's probably my favorite latte at the moment. Also, bonus points to Serve for having reusable iridescent metal straws!

Detour Doughnuts. They're amazing. If you haven't driven at least once out to Frisco to get their donuts, you're seriously missing out. Their flavors change seasonally, so maybe you'll have to drive out 4-5 times a year. Haha. Their Beet & Ricotta (the bright pink one) was beyond amazing! And they make the BEST Creme Brulee donuts and mini fritters. This box was about $30? They just rolled out new flavors this past week!

Nutella Latte from San Martin Bakery. Served in a cool glass, comes with a cookie (baked in-house), AND it's less than $3. You will NEVER find prices like these anywhere else in Uptown. Yea, this place is in Uptown.

Jinya Bun from JINYA Ramen Bar in Victory Park. Slow-braised pork chashu, need I say more? They cooked it so well! Their ramen is pretty good too. Need to go back and try more things. And I freaking loved this wall.

I went to a media Happy Hour at Truluck's to check out their summer cocktails. The cocktails were beautiful and delicious but my favorite bites were the Prime Meatballs! During HH it's 3 for $6 or 5 for $8. Not too shabby! They have live music in the bar as well and it's a lovely time.

Happy July 4th week, y'all!

~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment