CHOMP! Views

Monday, March 24, 2014

Uncle Uber's Sammich Shop

We had an event to go to Saturday afternoon in Deep Ellum at the Kettle Art Gallery. Naturally, I looked up food options in the area for dinner after. I saw that Uncle Uber's was just around the corner. In the past week or two, I've been hearing about this place a lot. And the pictures I saw looked really tasty.

Uncle Uber's Sammich Shop
2713 Commerce St.
Dallas, TX 75226
(214) 653-8237
http://www.uncleubers.com/
Price: $

It was surprisingly empty around 7:30PM on a Saturday night but oh well, that just means we get our food faster! You order at the register then find your own seats.

The place looks like a dive bar. Dark lighting. Lots of TVs around if you want to catch a game. And on Friday and Saturday nights they have live music. (It got kinda loud though once that started so we left soon after eating. Couldn't hear anyone else talk.)

My bf got the Shaved Ribeye Steak (angus beef topped with grilled red onions, bleu cheese crumbles, romaine lettuce, tomato, roasted garlic mayo on a warm baguette) $8.99~ 
Everyone who's had it, highly recommended it. It was one of their best sellers. I wanted to get it too but opted for something else since I always want to try different things. This didn't disappoint. The bread was toasted but not too hard. The ribeye was juicy and tender and full of flavor. I loved it. The only complaint is that I got a couple mouthfuls with too much bleu cheese. Next time I might ask them to put less or just omit the bleu cheese all together. But yea, it's legit!

I got The Cuban (slow roasted pork, Boar's Head ham, swiss cheese, pickles and Uber sauce in a hot pressed baguette) $7.29~ 
My bf wanted to try that one as well. Plus I love pressed sandwiches. The bread was nicely pressed, crisp top but still soft. The pork had tons of flavor and the pickles and mustard provided just the right amount of tang. I enjoyed it a lot and my bf ended up liking this better than the shaved ribeye. We should've switched our order! haha.

I also got to try some of my friend's Fries $1.99~ 
Pretty damn good. And you get one dipping sauce with an order of fries. Each additional sauce is 25 cents. He got the Uber's Special Sauce (mayo, bbq sauce, sriracha) and some sort of Habanero mayo sauce. Both were good but the special sauce was awesome. Paired really well with my Cuban. The habanero sauce was not spicy at all but still good.

Really good sandwiches. The hype is valid. I'll definitely go back to try more sammiches in the future.

Quality of Food:




Service:




Ambiance:




Value:




Overall Experience:


~~ CHOMP CHOMP ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment